60. A Perfect Dawn

The new life looks like this. As soon as Taehyung opened his eyes, he was hugging Jeongguk's feet, head sandwiched between them, Jimin hugging him from behind. The one nuzzling closer to the officer is Yoongi while Hoseok hugging him from behind too. Namjoon and Jin also snuggling closer. They were sleeping in the living of 221, legs entangled, hands wrapping around each other, uncomfortable yet sweet sight to witness as you open your eyes in the morning. With a soft smile, Taehyung squirmed to release the hold on his neck and feet. The night flashes in his mind for a second and he takes a deep breath. The storm finally passed without leaving them all broken. They've survived very well. Keeping the smile, Taehyung succeeded to release himself from the hold. He stood up slowly, placing a pillow between Jimin's arms, and walked to open the balcony.

It's been a long time. His safe place still looked amazing and the same. 221 is warm when Taehyung is cold and cool when he's burning hot. The smooth lavender smell hits him as he opened the balcony door, the wind chimes and the purple dream catcher were there, welcoming his new dreams and better starting. Daylight breaking slowly from the pit of the ocean, scattering around the aesthetic Itaewon and earning a small content smile from Taehyung. Chilly winter was long gone and the secluded streets are now filled with spring blossoms. Each whiff reminds him of a reason to exist, to smile, and to move on.

Settling himself on the bean bag, Taehyung glanced at the diary and the old notebook he left on the table. The ink pen was next to them. The diary was his truth, his story that only he knows, the secret he hid in his heart. Taehyung has no words to explain his connection with the journal. As he opened the pages, the sweet smell of the old pages hit his nerves. He hates how he had to lie at some point in his autobiography. The Jimin part and his fake death, aching his heart to a level that now he can feel the sting of tears in the back of his eyes. He turned the pages to stop where familiar handwriting has left the most heartfelt note for him.

What if he never got the diary back? How will he get to know there's a vow of hope that can heal all his wounds are hiding in those pages.? A promise Taehyung waiting to hear and he finally got it. The line of tears already rolling on his cheeks and the silver head didn't attempt to stop them. He glanced at the page in front of him. The letters look like the fallen petals of cherry blossoms which were stuck in those muddy vintage canvas, waiting for their cue to blend with mother earth and bloom again. The memoir smells like lavender of his soul, wrapped in the fireflies of twilights, shines under the Mikrokosmos he adores. Touching them feels like fuelling his purple heart with the most beautiful love. Taehyung wanted to keep it forever.

Rereading the lines is not gonna help his tears to stop. Instead, he was crying hard, letting every last bit of agony of his heart fall and melt with the petals of spring. He wished them to bloom back to his life as the African violets in his living. How can he not? Someone loved him without even knowing him, believing him that he's dead, still that someone gave him the promise to find him whether in the eternity or next universe. And that's someone is now a blink away from him, love him like he's the brightest star in his universe. What if Jeongguk never happened in his life? Taehyung would live unloved. Or maybe he would live thinking that he's being unloved while a soul far away from him, keeps him in his heart eyes. Meeting Jeon Jeongguk wasn't a coincidence, he's destined to be with the young officer.

"Knew it... Tae, how many times... How many times are you gonna cry over the fact that you finally got Jeongguk? Stop it,  my soulmate..."

Jimin brought Taehyung back in his trance, cupping his best friend's face and wiping the precious tears. He crouched down and took the diary from his hands and connected their foreheads. As Taehyung calmed a bit, Jimin kissed the other's cheeks, making Taehyung flush like a flower. He smiles softly and wipes his cheeks in Jimin's sweater. The male groans whispering a gross to his best friend and then laughs.