72. Rain & Shine

The living hall was a mess with them talking and playing games. It was another evening with GangBangtan featuring Tannie. The fluffy little puppy was in Yoongi's lap, accepting every challenge the elder was giving him while Hobi, Jeongguk, and Namjoon watched some movie sitting next to Yoongi. Jimin and Jin were in the kitchen preparing dinner for them. Taehyung was pretending to be helping the two with eating strawberry Jam and spreading it all over his face. He looks like an adorable child especially when Jin scolds him for messing up like that. 

Even though he was sitting on the kitchen island, his mind was wandering, to the Itaewon streets, to the beach at night, to Jeju, to Busan, to Daegu, and then back to his living room. The game of sneak peek was going at its fullest while Taehyung was fighting with himself to say and not to say his worries to his best friends who apparently turns towards him only to scold and give the dishes they made to him to check the taste. Taehyung gave a thumbs up for the chicken noodle soup his soulmate made and sat silent again. Something was there inside his head that he wanted to let go, but couldn't because of his stubbornness. Jimin passed a look suspiciously at his best friend before going back to his work. Humming to himself, Taehyung broke the silence that was eating him alive. 

"So...umm… Jeon Jeongguk likes rough. I see…" 

That was unexpected for both Jin and Jimin. The elder male grabs the spatula tightly like controlling himself from beating the younger. Jimin chuckled ever so softly and raised an eyebrow. Even though he let it go, Taehyung had an embarrassed blush on his face, creeping up to his ear tips. He covered his cheeks with his hands. 

"Kim Taehyung?" 

Jin breathed out, glaring at the said male. Taehyung cleared his throat to explain his point. His gaze landed on Jeongguk who was snuggled closer to the couch, with Tannie on his lap. 

"I mean… he looks like a person who loves to claim what's his, Mark his territory kind… that's why…" 

Taehyung said in his low voice. He found Jimin nodding at his words, agreeing to his observation. Then the other said, making Taehyung's mind recollect the pieces of the past. 

"He's whipped too. Kind of a person who loves to pamper his lover with hugs and kisses." 

Jimin passed him a sweet smile. Taehyung knows that his best friend was thinking about the love story of him and Jeongguk while saying that. Jimin witnessed them all. Both being incredibly in love with each other and being whipped- Jimin has seen it all. And Taehyung wanted his memories back at that right moment. Without pondering a lot on the words and the chaos inside his brain, the silver-haired male asked.

"Jimin-ah, can you tell me how in the past I loved Jeongguk?" 

Jimin and Jin were a bit puzzled at the words. What does that mean? Why did Taehyung want to know that? Jimin passed a glance at Jin who was already looking bewildered. How are they supposed to explain how Taehyung loved Jeongguk? Will words be enough for them to decipher the lover in their best friend? No. They don't think so. The lover in Kim Taehyung they witnessed was inexplicable of words, way too beyond their imaginations. A minute of silence passed and Jimin whispered out, placing the bowl back on the kitchen counter and giving all his attention to Taehyung. 

"Why do you want to know that, Tae?" 

Fluttering his eyes, Taehyung took a moment before replying. He scanned the living room with heavy eyes. Namjoon sitting on a couch opposite to them, Hobi and Yoongi were asleep with Tannie sandwiched in the middle. Jeongguk- eyes looking out of the glass window, absentmindedly sitting there. Taehyung's breath hitched at the peaceful sight of the male. He felt a need to protect the truce of Jeongguk. When he realized that he owed Jimin an answer, without taking his eyes from the younger, Taehyung replied.