2. Coffee & Case files

The night was not so dark, but not easy for him. He felt difficult to sleep. When he reached home, it was almost late at night and 10 minutes left until 12:50.

Jeongguk's eyes were hungry for sleep which is far away from him.
He closed and opened his eyes in between every five minutes.

It was not his first case. He witnessed the cruel and cruelest in front of his eyes and he fought for them. Throughout his career, he never stood for giving up and injustice.

His journey proved that he is not ready to fail but to try until wins. But tonight, all his theories went wrong. He felt that he is in the wrong place stuck with the wrong feelings. But there is no choice left for him.

Jeongguk switched on his phone near the table of his bed. It's 1:58 am. He found notifications of messages from WhatsApp.

It might be Jennie - his fiancée.

The whole day was so busy and difficult, he forgot to call her: the daily dose of a couple. Jeongguk opened the inbox and read her messages. Almost 8 messages from her; starting from 'good morning' to how are things.

Jeongguk tapped to type something. His half-open eyes fetched letters on the keyboard.

"Yeah, everything is fine "

One of the most failures of social media is it can't detect if you're lying or not.

Jeongguk felt bad for lying. Jennie is the only person in his life who cares about him. He's not feeling well, he's not fine. But he can't tell that to Jennie. He doesn't want her to worry about him.

When his father announced that he is going to fix his marriage with his friend's daughter, Jeongguk is the first one to accept it. He was a complete stranger to Jennie.

Still, the feeling of being committed apart from his entire past of being single, he accepted the decision. And thus Jennie happened to his life - a non-twist story.

The officer walked near the window. He opened it and stood there, looking outside. Tonight even his silence has deep meanings. But sadly, no one knows.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning was not so harsh for him. The hangover of a sleepless night was recovered by a cup of coffee. Magic exists. He sent a  'good morning ' to Jennie with a smiling emoji.

The car was moving towards his new destination: 221. He still didn't gather the courage to open the file and certificates which are placed on his lap. His fingers are playing with the thread of the file.

Case files are heartless, damn shits with some unknown emotions tied with the thread of evidence and testimonials so that nothing could escape from it.

This time, he felt afraid to even open them. Maybe he is just being superstitious like a dramatic telefilm hero or being real like an ordinary struggling youngster.

Jeongguk's eyes concentrated on the road that he already traveled. He remembered the nameplates. They are about to reach there. Yeonjun and Soobin already reached and reported to him.

In two turns, the car stopped on the parking lot of the apartment. Jeongguk walked fast to the lift. He found a notice stuck that it was not working.

In frustration, he walked towards the staircase. Besides yesterday, no crowd waited for him in 221. It's only Yeonjun and Soobin, sitting on the couch and chit-chatting.

As they found Jeongguk, they stood up and saluted him. The senior officer greeted back and started with a good morning. They sat on the couch and chair. Their topic was simple: confirmation between suicide and murder. 

Almost 35 minutes were taken for Yeonjun and Soobin to describe the whole case to Jeongguk. It was not a special case, not a crime thriller, not romantic revenge.

And maybe that's the main thing about that case. It was Yeonjun who started:

" Sir, on May 13 eve, almost 4:45 pm, we got a phone call to our station. The caller said that his neighbor has died in an unexpected situation.

They found it when a courier guy came and rang the calling bell, but no one opened the door.

And that time, the courier guy went to this guy, who called us... Mm... his name is Cha Joo won, who is an accountant. Joo won came and opened the door which was not locked.

As they entered, they called him and didn't get an answer. Being suspicious, after searching, they found him in his bedroom.

dead.

This is the scene. We already took testimonials of Joo won, sir " Soobin paused.

"And that courier guy ? " - asked Jeongguk.

"Sir, he is from Ekart. He said it was a book to be delivered to this address. The payment was already done through net banking. "

Jeongguk stood up to walk. He noticed the photo frames on the wall. The officer unknowingly traced the photo. His eyes were glued to the face and he asked :

"Is he the one who lives here?

I mean... lived here? "

 lived here? "

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

What do you think, Mr.Jeon?

It's just starting, guys. Have patience. I know it's a confusing storyline but I hope you will like it...

Take care... See you...

~AnecdotesOfABroken