22. Hazel Oceans

Jeongguk looked at the scribbles in front of him. He turned the page met with another random line. This one was a promise. And it was for Jimin.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I won't fight with you for dumplings. I won't argue with you about your point of view and thoughts. I won't tease you about anything.

After all, you were right. You'll be here for me no matter what. I don't wanna lose you...

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Wondering how Jeongguk got it for whom? Well... It's been months since he started to know about Tae and Jimin. And he knows. Taehyung only promises with his best friend. Even though there were others in GangBangtan, still, Jeongguk can feel it when Taehyung write it for Jimin.

The male turned the page again. Like I said, his sleep was gone. Because the next page was also like this. Minimal words, shorter notes. Like Taehyung was hiding something from the diary, from himself, from Jeongguk.

It was nothing but confusing. One moment, Taehyung realized his feelings towards Namjoon, another flip of the page, he was sad about something. Probably his feelings. The hurt. Then his promise to Jimin. And now this.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Jin hyung and Hobi hyung are dating. They're cute. I didn't know Jin hyung can be this flustered around Hobi hyung. But it's good to see them together.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Went to a party with Jiminie. He has this old friend's gang from his hometown. They're fun. One thing I realized, partying is cool, but not my thing. Slowly falling to that introvert frame again.

I hate to say it. But I miss myself.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Jeongguk paused and averted his eyes for a second to drink a glass of water. His eyes abruptly landed on the photo on the wall. He wanted to ask something. But, Does the universe have ears?

Flipping the pages again, Jeongguk stopped when he read the very familiar name. After it felt like decades. But still, the bubbly Taehyung who used to ramble in his freakin' diary was gone.

He hates it like that. He hates when Taehyung treats him with an ellipsis. He's Jeon Jeongguk. He likes exclamation or even question marks. Not this stupid three dots. Unfortunately, Taehyung doesn't even know that he has a reader. Well, he'll never know.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

The first page of Joon's diary says:

"I want to be a part of your page
I want to interfere in your story
As your lover..."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Why does it felt like this is what Taehyung wanted to hear? Wasn't it? Or was it for someone else? Then what happened between them? Were they together?