50. The Truth Untold

The winter coming to an end. January mornings are here and days passing like flipping the pages of a favorite book. The warm wind passing over the species around them and white fluffy clouds drawing random things on the sky. It was a clear day. As soon as Yeonjun opened the door, Taehyung entered inside. He's there at 221. After what felt like decades, he came back home.

The apartment wasn't changed. Not even a single thing moved from its place. Taehyung's eyes started itching to cry. The living was the same, Jimin's bedroom, dining, and kitchen. And his bedroom too, it's all neat like the old days. Nothing changed. Unless the scent. Pure lavender is now a mix of Chanel perfume. The apartment is not that cold like before, every corner tells him that the home wasn't alone when he was gone. 221 has been taken care of, very well and dearly. All thanks to a certain one.

After listening to Yeonjun and Soobin, Taehyung decided to face Jeongguk. He wanted to confess a lot of things. Starting from why he wrote the diary and hide it to why he chose to live as V and why it hurts him when Jeongguk left. He said Yeonjun to make an appointment with Jeongguk. And when the assistant told him where Jeongguk wanted to meet, Taehyung skipped a beat.

221. His home.

And here he is. Inhaling the scent of his safe place, touching the leaves and flowers of his favorite plants, walking through the rooms, and reminiscing the things he did there. The flashes of his old self and life came in front of his eyes, as he stared at Jimin. The other two, feeling a bit emotional. After all, he and Taehyung spent their most beautiful moments of life here. It's not just a house for them. 221 is their everything, their togetherness, their friendship, their late nights, and broken desires. Taehyung sat on his bed, sighing and controlling his urge to cry. His blanket and pillow smell like Jeongguk. No wonder, why he felt safe in those arms. It reminds him of home. A place where he belongs.

Yeonjun smiled softly at Taehyung. Soobin explained to Jimin what they used to do there and how they found out the mysteries of this house. Jimin listened to the younger patiently. He was awestruck after hearing everything. But then again, it's part of the officers' job. The bell rang and they glanced at each other. Taehyung and Jimin were covered their face before entering there. They couldn't take risk of people seeing them and yelling "Ghost" at them.

Taehyung glanced at Yeonjun. The male walked to open the door. It was Jeongguk. The male was wearing his black shirt and jeans, looking formal. He walked inside with a poker expression. His face looks careless of the males in the room. Another knock on the door and Jeongguk gazed at them. Walking inside, they all sat on the couch and chairs. The surroundings were tensed. Thick silence engulfing them and they tried their best to avoid every glance at each other.

Jeongguk would be lying if his mind doesn't wander to find a certain male. His eyes first and foremost searched for the male. Taehyung. As soon as Taehyung walked out of the bedroom, Jeongguk held his breath in his hands. Taehyung was wearing a white sweater, his face glistening, his hair- his hair no longer black but silver. His mint green eyes are gone and hazel eyes are back. He was wearing the silver earring. Taehyung looks like the way Jeongguk wanted. Ethereal. Beautiful. Out of his reach.