44. We; The Dreamers

Dark messing with the sky leaving the stars to blink from afar at their brightest. The chaotic evening breaks down and foggy night just started. The guest house was lit up with yellow lamps around. It felt like the mansion was in a deep slumber as there was this thick silence oozing from its corners.

The familiar hallway ends and is divided into two separate ways. On his right was the meeting hall, music room, etc... On his left were bedrooms. Jeongguk stood in front of the unfamiliar door, tracing the wooden designs on it. He swallowed harshly, fighting a battle to knock or not on the door.

It's been five days since the cliff incident happened. Jeongguk was successfully avoiding V and tried to enjoy his time with Yeonjun and Soobin. The visual was still in front of him, a blink away. The officer felt shivers running through his spine as he recalled what happened there. Jeongguk was purposely forgetting that.

Everything was going fine until Jae decided to break it up for him. Jeongguk was sitting in the meeting room, flipping the pages of his new case document, when Jae opened the door and peeked inside. Jeongguk paused whatever he was doing and tried to figure out the small head and the piercing gaze. Jae walked inside with muddy hands and dirty clothes. Was this man digging holes to disappear? Jeongguk exclaimed inside.

"Can you please give this to V? I'm all dirty. He will kill me if I lost this.

Please..."

It was a wallet. Jeongguk stared at it without uttering a word. He wanted to say No. But the please, Jae was asking some favor from him for the first time. Jeongguk isn't that bad to not help him because of his personal reasons. So he nodded and said.

"Place it on the table. I will after finish my work."

He sounded formal. And Jae replied thanks with a small smile. The male has black hair and a sharp gaze. His biceps flexing as he wiped the sweat on his forehead. The Jimin he knew--- no, this is not Jimin. Jae is not soft and bubbly. He's not angelic. Just because Jae dances that don't mean he's Jimin. Jeongguk was staring at the male way too much time and when the other slammed the door, he came out of his trance. He glanced at the wallet and then returned to his task.

Don't know when his hand reached there and knocked on the door. He waited two minutes and rather than the door opening, he heard a deep and small come in. With heavy footsteps, Jeongguk walked inside. His heart was beating wildly. It was his first time walking into the other side of Dear Moon.

The room was big, dark just like the mansion. Grey curtains are blocking the view out of the windows. Some paintings are on the wall. A king-size bed on the center with white bedding and grey duvet folded neatly. A small table in front of the mirror on which some perfumes and accessories are arranged. Jeongguk looked around to spot a certain male. The violin was placed on the nightstand near the bed. But V is nowhere to be seen.

Jeongguk was about to put the wallet on the table, next to the accessories, and leave the room when the bathroom door opened and revealed V. The male was wearing a white shirt and black pants, eyes tired and looked up to see Jeongguk.

"Who's the--- oh..."

V said, his deep voice getting deeper as his eyes trailed to Jeongguk's hand. Suddenly, he felt self-aware and clutched on his shirt's hem and raised an eyebrow. Jeongguk was so lost. He's seeing the other like this close after five days. His eyes felt satisfied at the sight. His heart felt content. Screw right and wrong, he felt butterflies in his stomach.

"Ugh, I'm... Jae told me to give you this... Here..."

Jeongguk said and placed the wallet on the table. V walked towards him with a small smile. He still has that intimidating gaze that reminds Jeongguk he should come out of his imagination. He was about to walk away when the deep voice stopped him. Even though he missed it somehow, but right now he felt like cursing at it. But didn't.