51. Save me; Save Us

The silent room was broken to some wild gasps and whines. The ambiance was already tensed and now it was unbearable. On that warm day, the three officers felt cold, freezing stone. Their hands trembling and their heart being numb at the feelings they were experiencing at that moment. Jeongguk stared at Yoongi. He couldn't believe what his brain already registered. It's true. Yoongi is serious. The male wasn't joking. His assistants felt betrayed. So does Jeongguk. They trusted Yoongi, like their own brother. If this male knew everything before why did he lied? He knew Jeongguk was suffering. He has seen it with his own eyes. Still, Yoongi didn't spare a glance to the grief of the officers and fooled him, like everyone. They were betrayed.

"H-hyung... Did you know it? You... Never told us... You betrayed us...you were fooling us all those times... How could you...?"

It was Yeonjun. The outburst was inevitable. The three wanted to say a bunch of things to Yoongi, but it was overwhelming. Witnessing how their trust shattering into pieces is nothing they planned. Abiding it is the hardest thing for them now, that they were being fooled by someone they trusted dearly.
Jeongguk ignored the way his heart squeezing inside his ribcage. He used to consider Yoongi as his own brother. But look what he got?

"I'm sorry... There was no choice left for me... I wanted to...tell you guys... But...I was helpless... I'm sorry... Jeongguk..."

The words came out from Yoongi and the officers glanced at him. They're not ready to forgive him that easily. Jeongguk stared at his document. Taehyung has a soft yet guilty gaze on him. Because of him, Jeongguk was getting hurt more and more. Taehyung was sure about one thing that he's not going to forgive himself for making Jeongguk go through with this, this much pain and misery. Holding himself back from dropping on his knees and begging forgiveness from Jeongguk, Taehyung took a deep breath and said.

"Hyung planned it to save me. Faking that and closing my chapter there would end a lot and we thought that's the right thing to do. I'm sorry, it was because of my safety hyung had to lie to you. It wasn't his fault."

Taehyung confessed. His face falling into a deep abyss, emotionless. Jeongguk wanted to say it's okay. But he couldn't. He will not be a fool anymore. He waited for them to complete the story. Yeonjun and Soobin looked vulnerable. Just like him. It's too much for them to handle.

"The case was closed. The post mortem report, the evidence, and photographs..."

Soobin's words trailed off. He sounded cold. The old faith and hope were broken. GangBangtan looked at each other. All of them took a deep breath. Oh, there's more.

"The officer who investigated this case before...

Is my brother."

Jimin said. Yeonjun was the first one to be stunned at the information. His eyes were wide as saucers. True, the way the case closed astonished them. Everything is in the correct place.  But there were a lot of things the old case file doesn't have compared to the one the three inspectors made. And it's surprising. How can someone close a suicide case like that? Fake details, fake death, fake evidence. And it's all because of a connection. Wait, Jimin has a brother who's a police officer?

"Your brother? Park Chanyeol? He's your brother?"

Yeonjun asked. His tone says how hard he's trying to digest the information he got. Park Chanyeol, their senior, is a talented and hardworking man. How can he do this? Cheating their own department for his brother? The three officers wanted to storm out and question Chanyeol when Jimin nodded. Wow. Park Chanyeol and Park Jimin are brothers. And that's why when the investigation started, they didn't get any help from the officer. They didn't even get a chance to discuss it with Chanyeol. It's all Suho who informed and explained to them about the case.