52. Far ; Together

The clock was ticking slowly like the raindrop touching the mud. The soft sound makes no difference other than calming the inner turmoil of the officer. It's a weird sensation the way the time hits every second hand, reminding that even the milliseconds are not permanent. Like every new raindrop, every new second.  The warm evening sun peeking out from the clouds but chilly February breeze taking all the hotness of the day.

Yeonjun and Soobin stared at their senior who was digging his head into the document in front of him. They tried to clear their throats umpteenth time and asked some random senseless questions to grab the attention of the male. Other than one word very short answers, Jeongguk doesn't open his mouth. He leaned back on the chair, humming to himself while highlighting the points of the new case file. The pen in his hands spins like the hour hand of the clock on the wall. Yeonjun glanced at Soobin once more before sitting down on the chair in front of Jeongguk, hands placed on his lap, looking very softly at his senior.

"Sir, are you sure...you won't go?"

Yeonjun beamed when his senior passed a look that says "did I stutter?" And the blue head slightly leaned back on his chair like that makes enough distance from Jeongguk's palms to his cheeks. Jeongguk went back to the papers and his assistants audibly sighed. What's going on?

The tension started when Yeonbin and Jeongguk got added to the WhatsApp group chat with GangBangtan, you know for professional things. After their first meeting, they didn't get a chance to talk casually and befriend them. However, the WhatsApp group was Hobi's idea and they are glad because that's how they got to know that GangBangtan is leaving for a vacation. After the uproar happened in their life, the best friends thought it would be best if they took a break from everything, to refresh their heads and lives. So, as per the plan, the friends are leaving Seoul and Itaewon for a week from tonight. To Daegu.

Now, why are his assistants eating Jeongguk's head like this? They know how much Jeongguk fancies GangBangtan, how hard he wanted to join them. This is the best chance for Jeongguk to fulfill that desire. Most importantly, they're going to Daegu. Taehyung's hometown. Yoongi was the one who picked the place since he assured them everything will be fine there. They are so excited to go there, after a long time it's their time to enjoy. The group chats were so fun to read. But the thing is...

"What if there will be Seojoon? You know, it's Taehyung's hometown and Seojoon too lives there..."

Soobin said, a smug smile on his lips looking at the way his senior stiffened at the mention of Taehyung and Seojoon in one line. After that interrogation, Jeongguk left 221 and didn't even bother to ask what others doing after that day. He was completely avoiding Taehyung and his friends. Whenever Jeongguk let himself remember about the male, the stings of his open wounds distract him. He admits the hurt inside him is still raw and bitter. Is this what it felt like burn in love? Maybe. The longing and the cravings of being with his lover make him euphoric but at the same time, he feels his body burning, heart not ready to bow down to another crack. Wincing at the thought of leaving GangBangtan alone to Daegu, Jeongguk groaned, covering his face in his palms. He doesn't want to let go that easily. He loved someone to fight, to survive not to give up. He's tired but not fall out of love.

Jeongguk closed the file absentmindedly, getting up from the chair, he walked to stand near the huge glass window. The Eve was falling apart and the vehicles passing through the road, chasing their home. The city was clouded with evening hue so was Jeongguk's mind. He wanted to rethink what his assistants said. If there's anything he can do for GangBangtan, then it would be assuring their safety. Not because he has any feelings for anyone, no. Not at all. Jeongguk sighed heavily at the void in front of him. Turning to meet with his assistants, already boring holes in him, the senior raised an eyebrow. He wanted to say his decision but Yeonjun and Soobin will freak out. Jeongguk looked at them with a soft smile. The wind coming from the window and the sun melting with the border of the blue ocean, reddening the water, making him realize that there are things he wants to achieve, he has to own and miles to go before sleep. And it is not too late.