74. Destined!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback [Days before they visited Dear Moon]

The midnight was at its peak, hard to skip for him because of the tired eyes demanding the necessary sleep. But his heart and body were restless, squirming under the duvet, eyes wide staring at the ceiling. It's been almost two hours since he was tossing and turning, cursing under his breath for whatever reason of his sleeplessness. A frustrated sigh left from his mouth as he sat upon the bed, gazing around. His hands found their way to pull the silver locks and rubbed his eyes. The window was open and a smooth breeze came inside through the parted curtains, the purple dream catcher floating and the chilliness of the wind reaching towards him too.

He hugged himself, bringing his knees to his chest, resting his head on them, and glanced at the dark black outside. The dazzling night forces him to think about life again, the chapters he closed before, the stories he forgot he wrote already, portray the people he believes he has no connection with. The depth of the silence was a pushover in front of his chaotic mind. Ugh, living a life without missing anything is tiring. If you want to know the value of things, you would have to know how it feels when they're out of your eyesight. Just like his memories, when they're out of reach, they look more captivating. 

Taehyung got up from the bed and walked towards the balcony. A part of him wanted to open the door and sit outside with his favorite complicated self. But the other part was sleep-deprived, drained out of warmth and craving for love. Weird. It's two in the morning. His stomach churns at the thought of sleeping again. Exhausted is not a term to explain himself now. He was done with all of these. No more playing, no more testing his patience, please.

Taehyung tried really hard to survive. And thank the Lord, he did. He survived better than he thought. That doesn't mean he will do this for a living- forever. No. NO. Survival costs everything. Time, energy, people, memory, and love. For now, Taehyung wanted to sleep. He wanted to forget everything and take a nap under a comfy duvet. So he walks. Walk towards the kitchen. Coffee? No. Never in a zillion lifetime.

He searched inside the refrigerator to eat something at that odd hour. You won't believe him when he ignores the fresh strawberries. What the hell happened that made Taehyung avert his eyes from the strawberries? Weird enough. Closing the refrigerator, he dragged himself to the living room. Swaying there in the living room for a bit, he thought of something. Change of plan. 

When Jimin and Taehyung bought the apartment, they didn't put a lot of thought into the guest room. Since the best friends are gonna share a room anyway, the pink aesthetic bedroom was nothing big to them. Sometimes when GangBangtan comes for sleepovers, they use it else no one really goes in there. And now when he enters the bedroom, the old vanilla scent of Jimin's perfume is gone. The pink room now looks different.

A small blue light from the lamp lighting the space, the musky yet easing scent was idling there as he stepped in slowly. There was a lump on the bed, covered in a white fluffy blanket, a little ball curled near the edge of the bed which Taehyung realized is Jeon Yeontan, sleeping soundly next to his owner. He knows it's stupid. No, it's not stupid, it's creepy. But who cares. It's two in the morning and 221 is his home, Jeon Jeongguk is his forgotten lover. Great. 

The room was neat, with an evident touch of Jeongguk of course. Each corner speaks of the younger's habits which Taehyung found out recently or recollected. Jeongguk doesn't like too musky or too fruity scents, as he's sensitive to smell. He needs things arranged, neatly organized, and schedules to be perfectly planned. Jeongguk prefers dark curtains and wardrobe collections, he likes clothes in white or black, maybe grey just like Yoongi. Alcohol is a piece of cake- oh cake, Jeongguk doesn't like sweets that much, but he loves cheesecakes with choco chips on them. If he can, Jeongguk will paint the walls of his rooms grey in a snap, and he starts his day by making the bed. He likes to sleep on the right side of the bed using very minimal space. Rumors are there that he's very good in aftercare and breakfast-in-bedroom- if you know, you know.