37. Youniverse!

Woah. Jeongguk paused to breathe. Fingers carding in his hair and eyes staring at the photos in front of him. Jeongguk was caught off guard at the thought that it's Jimin. He didn't take that male to be someone who will keep slam books. Discarding the thoughts, Jeongguk closed the book and placed it back in the trunk. It took him a moment to calm his breathing.

Closing the trunk, Jeongguk stood up to leave. Now it makes sense. It was Jimin who put the photo of Yoongi under the bed. And it's all lie. Yoongi lied to him that he doesn't know about Taehyung's other friends. They met, they had a good time together, they knew each other very well. It was Jeongguk who lost the string. He was busy daydreaming and chasing nightmares, forgot to notice the little things around him.

He walked out, turning once again to look around the room, maybe his last time. He closed the door with a small thud and walked towards the kitchen. Opening the cabinet to find the mint choco ice cream keychain, he sat on the stool near the kitchen island. His last hint. His ultimate evidence.

Jeongguk was trembling. He didn't know this day will come. The flashback started playing in his head. The late-night call, the dizzy wind he felt when he entered for the first time to 221, the quote on the wall, the heart smile, the soothing lavender and the illegal sleep, the mother earth and... And the fairy tales. The way the cologne of Kim Taehyung hit him and his weakest nerves is inexplicable. Jeongguk doesn't complain about the male or his fate. It was his decision to let himself drown in that ocean even when he knew that it will leave him breathless. He's glad and grateful, the way his life turned out within months because of someone he will never meet is something Jeongguk is proud of.

The glass bottle, just like Taehyung said has paper rolled inside. He took out the paper to read. "None of this is a coincidence". If one thing Jeongguk couldn't figure out about Taehyung and his life, then it's this weird obsession of the silver-haired boy with the quote. What's in that? None of this is a coincidence. Yeah, because it's all destined. Fated to happen, right?

Then he found the empty bottle of Ricin. The very toxic poison that can take a life in seconds without even leaving a hint. Jeongguk knows that the Ricin can't be detected in the human body. Maybe that's what Taehyung wanted. A painless death, leaving no clues or existence behind. He remembers the words of his assistants after reading the post mortem report.

Cause of death: Assuming the consumption of an excessive amount of toxic poison. Since there were no marks or hints of physical activity, forcing or struggling, and no wounds on the body. It concludes that death is a suicide.

Breath caught in his lungs when he realized what's that means. Suicide. The case is proved. Taehyung had Ricin, he ended every suffering and pain in seconds. Was he too coward to fight? Jeongguk doesn't believe that. But!

He put back the bottle inside and locked the cabinet. He was feeling like a zombie-doesn't even know what's the purpose of his life. What's it? Live until you die. That's it.

Jeongguk walked forward to the bedroom. The balcony door was open and a chilly breeze entered inside. But nothing can heal him right now. Not even the moonlight. One last page of the diary and the case is closed. The purpose of being there, at 221, thinking about Taehyung, jealousy over friendship, the sneaking at night, everything will end at the moment Jeongguk finishes the diary.

Lips curling to a frown and eyes shutting close only to open again to remember the heart eyes and boxy smile, Jeongguk opened the diary. Let's finish this today, forever. He heard the voice inside. This will finish a lot of things in his life. But that doesn't matter for him now. The pain he was about to seize doesn't matter now. Because he was eager to know the last page. He was sad that not even once he could be there as a part of that story, not even once he found himself in Taehyung's lines. Not that he can do anything about it. Still, it hurts him. Wasn't he the only reader of Taehyung's fairy tales? Yes. Jeongguk felt pride gathering around his shoulders. Only Jeon Jeongguk knows this Kim Taehyung.