45. Snow Flower

The wooden clock ticking and disturbing the thick silence around them. Their heavy breaths mingling. Eyes closed, V was leaning on Jeongguk's chest. The officer holding him in the right place with a content smile. The wild beatings of his heart surprisingly calmed down while he feels energetic. His body relaxes as V's slender fingers lightly brushing his tattoos. He got goosebumps wherever the fingertips touched.

It took a second for V to realize what he's doing. He opened his eyes to meet with Jeongguk's black orbs looking at him fondly through the mirror. The officer's lips brushing his neck as he nuzzling close. V felt embarrassed thinking that he tilted his head for more access in the heat of the moment. Within seconds he released his hands from Jeongguk's and moved away. A crimson red painting his already pink cheeks, making him look like a tomato. Jeongguk wanted to pinch them but he shoved his hands inside the pocket of his sweats. They both scratched their neck and tried to forget what just happened.

Whatever happened was blissfully forbidden. They don't remember what they said but the touch- that they memorized. By now, Jeongguk got that there's something special with V's delicate fingers and the way it caresses. It's soft yet rough, just like the other's personality. On the other hand, V got it that Jeongguk will make your heart, body, and soul numb with his mere touch. The officer has a thing for taking control and making the other forget about everything around.

Looking at each other, they smiled sheepishly. V's lips pressing into a thin line while Jeongguk looking at the floor. It was embarrassing. He didn't realize what he had just done, what he had just said. The awkward silence broke when the one and only Jae opened the door, entered inside. The two shuddered and tried to hide their blush. Jae on the other hand walked towards them with a frown.  His eyebrows pinched together as he suspects that Jeongguk did something to hurt V. But then he found his friend looking at him with a weird smile and a blush?

Jae raised an eyebrow at Jeongguk and then at V. None uttered a word. The silence was unbearably suffocating. And Jeongguk decided to break it. There's no fun standing there anyways especially when this Jae midget eating him alive.

"Umm... See you later..."

He said for God knows to whom but both Jae and V nodded their head. Jeongguk walked out scolding himself and mentally facepalming. It was ridiculous. How could he think something like that, how could he do something like that? No way. Whatever it is, no way.

The dinner was set outside. Like always, uncle San and Jae cooked the best food and they sat at the table in the backyard. The dinner time was smooth since uncle San was there, joking and teasing them. After that, Yeonjun, Soobin, and Jeongguk sat in their favorite place in the backyard. Christmas in two days, and after that, they probably would have to go back to Itaewon. Agh. Jeongguk groaned at the thought. That's the problem. Wherever city he goes, he finds a reason to stay there. And that's what it makes all difficult. Now how he's supposed to leave that reason behind and move forward?

Yeonjun poured a glass for everyone and Jeongguk gulped it down harshly. The moon shining above and the clouds failing to cover the light. The misty wind was passing them while the three officers sat in the silence with content hearts. They have time to hear Yeonjun's whining and rambling. It's just one shot.

That's when Soobin breaks it up for them. Jeongguk and Yeonjun rolled their eyes at the younger while Soobin smiled back sheepishly. They snorted at what their buddy did.

"Hey, Jae. Want to join us?"

As soon as the words left Soobin's mouth, Yeonjun smacked him lightly and whisper yelled.

"What in the bizarro world? Why are you inviting them, Soobinie? God!!"

Soobin passed a smile while blinking twice. Jae shook his head but then give up when Soobin literally forced them to join. Yeonjun glared at his boyfriend. Oh, how much he hated that Jae guy. And out of all the world, his boyfriend did this to him.