5. Broken Chants

Three of them sat on the chairs in the dining. Eyes staring to void and silence envelop them totally. Jungkook was tired. Not only he but the three of them are done with this.

"Mr.Jeon,  now? "

asked Soobin. Jungkook pulled his hair in frustration. He doesn't know, to be honest.  All of a sudden, he asked to them

 "Did you get Jieun's number? "

Yeonjun unlocked his phone and shared the number. Jungkook dialed it. Once, twice, thrice she didn't pick it up. He dialed once again. The call connected. He heard a hello from another side. 

"Hello, I am-  Seoul city police officer, Jeon Jungkook. Is this Jieun speaking? "

said Jungkook, standing up from the chair. He can feel Jieun's hesitant breath hitching for a moment.

"Yes, yes. 

how can I help you, sir?

 what happened? "

he heard Jieun's voice a little dizzy and uncomfortable. Jungkook inhaled. And glanced at his assistants.

"Jieun, I know that you have the answers to this question already.

 still...

I am investigating the case to which you are connected. So tell me from the start"

The officer said, keeping his cool. 

"Sir, 

actually... we met at work, office colleagues. I don't know so much about his background. what I know is what he told me. 

He is the type of person about whom no rumors exist in the office. 

He comes, he goes.

He talks less to the people."

As Jieun paused, Jungkook put the call on the loudspeaker and sat on the chair, placing the phone on the table.

"We became friends on a lunch break, I  remember. From there, he started talking to me. Says something about his schooling and office work.

We went out when free just two or three times, to parks, café and I also went to his home in Daegu when it was the Christmas holiday. But to be honest, I didn't ask deeply about anything in his life.

He spends his life in that flat.

You know... he was an introvert. I didn't force him anything, and neither did he show any interest.

We lived far away from each other, even though we were friends. That's all, sir"

Said Jieun. Before Jungkook asks about anything, Yeonjun hinted to him about Kim Yugyeom, her friend.

"And what about Yugyeom? what's his role ? "- asked Jungkook. 

"Yugyeom is my friend, sir.  I introduced him at my birthday party. He hasn't any connection with him, I think...after that they didn't even meet. 

Yug works at Ilsan.

If you are suspecting...like... Yug and he... there's nothing. I can tell you that, at least for my knowledge. 

Anything else sir? "

This time Soobin hinted, and in frustration, Jungkook asked again.

"Do you know anything about his relationship? Like girlfriend...? "

Jungkook's expression clearly showed the answer 'no'. But they can't assure about it.

 "No sir, I mean... I believe, there is none. I told you he lived office to home, home to office cycle. He didn't mention anything about that."