Best/Worst B-Day Ever

Começar do início

When I got the the mystery shack, I noticed all the lights were off. I walked into the museum and I could just make out shapes. I turned on the lights and about 50 people or so popped out and yelled, "Surprise!" I nearly had a heart attack.

"Happy Birthday Meagan!" the twins chorused.

"Hit it Soos!" Mabel shouted and Soos started up the dj. Music was blaring, people were dancing. I could've died right there. I noticed that there werent any presents so that's a good sign. "So what do you think?" Mabel asked me.

"I-it's lovely," I stuttered. "Excuse me for a second," I said and calmly walked away from them before taking off toward the bathroom. Once I was there I slammed the door closed and slid down against the wall to the floor. I was breathing heavily, almost having a panic attack. I got up and walked over to the sink and splashed some water in my face.

I then heard knocking at the door. "Meagan? It's Wendy," a voice said. "Can you come out please?" I slowly walked to the door and opened it to find a very worried Wendy standing there. "I'm guessing you don't like the party," she said and I shook my head.

"I mean it was a nice gesture but it's way too much for me. I'm not used to so much going into something for me," I told her honestly.

"Well, how about we do this, we tell stan that you and I are going to our traditional birthday dinner so he doesn't tell dipper and Mabel and we'll explain it to them later. We can also tell Stan that he can end the party before we get back. K?" She asked me and I nodded. Wendy smiled and then went off to find Mr. Pines. I just headed for the exit. "Ok, we're ready to go," Wendy said when she caught up with me.

The walk to the diner was silent but not awkward. When we got to the diner and we sat down, Wendy placed two small boxes in front of me. One had a flannel ribbon at the top the other was just plain. "What are these?" I asked her.

"The one with the ribbon is from dad and the boys, the other one is from the gang," Wendy told me. I opened up the one from dad to find another metal guitar pick, but this one had a chain on it and engraved on the pick was my first initial in gothic lettering style. "The chain is so you can collect the guitar picks," Wendy said and I took the one I got earlier out of my back pocket.

I just now noticed that there was a small hole at the bottom of it. I hooked it on the chain with the other one and put it aside. I then opened up the next box to see another guitar pick but this one wasn't metal or customized. I gasped at what it was. "Is this an actual vintage original ACDC guitar pick?" I asked in amazement and Wendy nodded.

"Nate told me that they picked it up at a pawn shop. A bit pricy but they thought it would work. They added a rubber outline so you could connect it to the chain." I put the pick on the chain and put the chain around my neck for safe keeping.

"Thanks Wendy," I said and she smiled. Dinner was very pleasant and we ended up talking about everything yet nothing at all. When we came back to the mystery shack, the lights were all on and it looked like the place was trashed.

We walked inside to see that no one was there except the Pines and Soos. Mabel and Dipper were sitting in chairs looking down while Mr. Pines and Soos were standing over them. I cleared my throat and all of them looked up. "Meagan!" Dipper said and the twins came rushing toward me.

"What happened? Where were you? Did you not like the party?" Mabel started bombing me with questions.

"Whoa whoa slow down," Wendy said.

"Yeah, just let her explain," Mr Pines said.

I sat down at one of the chairs and looked up at everyone. "Ok, so the party was a nice gesture and all but I just don't like stuff like that. My birthdays haven't been like that since my family was full and that was years ago," I started. "Since then, my birthdays have been small. Like a few small presents and Wendy would always take me out to dinner. It's just that...not a lot of people have cared enough even to do anything like this so its all just a shock. I'm sorry you guys went through all that effort for nothing," I finished.