Chapter Seventy-One: Diving Into A New Problem... Literally

Start from the beginning

"Can I just ask all you local British people why most of you are so annoying," Atem asked the Hogwarts group. "Add in that Cho girl and that would make almost everyone we have met other than you guys and Headmaster Dumbledore the most annoying idiotic people that we have ever met."

"My dad still lives in this country, Atem," T'challa warned the duelist mage. "So watch how you group together the idiot British wizards from the non-idiot British wizards."

"He was not born here, so he doesn't count," Atem said.

"You have to admit, T'challa, he does have a point," Harry chuckled.

"I think that I can speak for most of us when I say that those in this country are just simply too set in their ways to really change or even know that there are better options," Neville says. "Like, the broken system of this country was what allowed for the rise of Grindelwald. After he was defeated, the system stayed the same. And then everyone was surprised when, less than 20 years later, another dark lord was on the rise. A dark lord, I add, that had a similar ideology, used a similar plan of attack, and used the same loopholes to gain power. There had been a chance to fix the system in between the two but nobody bothered to learn from the mistakes. They believed that they were safe and were to set in their ways to do anything, so it happened again."

Most of the Hogwarts group had never seen Neville so outspoken before. Guess hanging around with all of them has really made him more confident in himself. They did not want to think about what could have happened if they did not take him under their wing. He would probably be a shell of who he currently was, still using his father's wand, and would have zero confidence in himself because of that verbally and mentally abusive grandmother of his.

They had been planning on asking Hestia if she could not anything to help his parents. They were just not sure if she was powerful enough yet to undo the damage done to them. But they had to try since it was for their friend.

"As I have said, idiots," Atem says.

"Between Voldemort and Grindelwald, it actually does make sense for the size difference in the years," Harry says.

"What do you mean, Harry," Hestia asked him.

"Well, if you look at those born from about our year and up to Oliver's year when he was still attending, there were a lot fewer students than those younger than Luna," Harry says. "Those from the older years were born in the time of Voldemort's war. Most parents would either not have kids or were killed off in the war. So, that would explain why there are fewer kids from those times. Add in the families that were wiped out by either Voldemort or Grindelwald, and then that would make even fewer kids able to be born."

"Okay, that does make sense," Melody says. "The years younger than Luna's would have more because of post-war baby booms. After the war would be when most parents would want to have kids or would have kids because of things that they would do to 'celebrate' the end of the war."

"That does explain a lot about the difference between the years," Krinos said. "We are probably lucky that wars in the mystic soul world are not as devastating."

"Not since the giant wars, anyway," T'challa crossed his arms.

"You guys had a war with giants," Cedric asked, shocked.

"Not us, but there was a war between mystic souls and giants about a thousand years ago," Abby said. "The giants are a very ruthless race of magical creatures that mostly know nothing but destruction."

"Hagrid is probably the first nice giant in history, but yet he is only half-giant," Krinos says.

"Anyway, the giants did not like it when mystic souls would not use their magic to build them their own city," Abby continued. "But it was also the fact that the giants massacred an entire village of mundanes in order to make room for their city. So, a war was started between them and a lot of mystic souls died in it. Giants have a magically resistant hind, so most attacks would barely affect them. It was why so many of our kind was lost in it."