Chapter 5 - Meeting

Danielle Leone

I ran to Luka's arms and he chuckled as he spun me around. I buried my head to his chest.

"I miss you, little one." He said as he put his hand on my head.

"I miss you too and I can't believe that you're married." I said and Luka chuckled.

"It's a long story so.. let's get lunch together." He said and I nodded. I got into his car and he drove to his all time favorite restaurant.

"I asked Dean to come but he's in London."

"Dean is a busy man, Danielle. Don't disturb him and bully him." Luka said and I pouted.

"Can I get Parker's number?" I asked and Luka raised his eyebrows.

"I don't have it."

"Where is he? Why is he disappearing?" I asked curiously and Luka sipped his water.

"I don't know where he is, you know him."

"What a leader.. he's suppose to gather us all not to just disappear." I said annoyed and Luka chuckled.

"You turn into a grumpy woman, Danielle."

"I'm just tired living in the US, all by myself." I said as he stopped his car. I got out from the car and Luka handed the vallet guy his key.

"You're the one who wanted to be a racer, no one is forcing you."

"I know but still.. you all cut your connections with me."

"We all separated, Danielle. We have our own thing." Luka said and they led us into the private room. I looked at the menu and order some food.

"So.. where's your wife?"

"She's at home, why?"

"I want to see her because I doubt I will like her." I said and Luka laughed.

"You don't like our significant other as always."

"Of course, I don't trust them." I said and Luka nodded.

"I'm guessing you've been following Dean all over the place?"

"Is he really single? Or.. did he have a girlfriend before?" I asked curiously and Luka shook his head.

"He's pretty busy with work and I don't think he has the time to.. date."

"Good."

"Why? You still like him?"

"I always have him on the palm of my hands." I said confidently and Luka nodded.

"True."

"But like usual.. we only have.. you know casual sex."

"He has no interest in relationship so.. you better find someone else to settle down." Luka said and I shook my head.

"I don't mind having this.. friends with benefit kinda thing."

"Are you sure? I heard he's famous among the nurses. I know that his hospital has a lot of cute nuses too.." He said and I glared at him.

"Funny, Luka. Funny.. really."

"I know right." He said arrogantly.

"Do you love your wife?" I asked and he raised my eyebrows.

"If I don't, I won't be marrying her right?"

"I know you, you're not the type to settle down too. What makes you suddenly want to have one woman in your life?" I asked.