Chapter 35 - Not Fair

Damien Serano

Isabella woke up two days after she fell unconscious but not Dean and Danielle. The both of them are in a critical condition because of the stab wounds. Dean's wound is far more deeper than we thought and he has a head trauma that is pretty serious but he's okay.

As for Danielle, she's fighting for her life. She's still in a really critical condition where she needs a lot of time to heal. My father was the one who took over her surgery.

My parents didn't take the news well. My father was indeed trying to get himself together while performing surgery to his two children and Danielle. He was crying and hadn't been talking to us since that day.

He often came to the ICU every hour to check them and my mother kept crying on the side. For me, I can't even leave the hospital. We even brought them both to Andorra where my father has a more better facility to check on them.

Isabella was not doing great either. She might be healing but she kept worrying about Danielle and Dean. Bella told me that Danielle got hurt because she was trying to save her.

Edmund stayed with Dean most of the time. He barely eat and kept apologizing. The realization hit him late and he didn't take it very well. Edmund still have the strenght to check if every Lycan's men died that day.

Dante happened to runaway but Edmund already sent his men to kill him. Edmund was mad and I've never seen him so mad before because we can consider him as the most patience.

The ILLICIT members visit everyday and they were devastated with their leader's condition. They're trying so hard to cope with it and hope that us can do the best for Dean and Danielle.

"I should have.. come to him sooner." Edmund said and I turned to him. Edmund blamed himself but he doesn't know that I blamed myself more. I was the oldest yet I came out with minor injuries when my two youngest sibling went to a coma.

Suddenly our mother came and she looked at Dean through the glass. She then proceed to drag us to the cafeteria. She forced us to eat so we can have strength to be there for Dean.

I tried to eat and swallow but I found myself wanting to puke. I was suffering from a trauma that I never thought I would get after that incident.

"Danielle's father will come and stay with us." I turned to see my father joining us. The four of us went into a moment of silent.

"Mr. Serano, Dean's vital is dropping!" With that news, we all ran back to Dean's room. My father quicklt checked on him and trying his best not to panic despite his son slowly declining.

My father tried to trigger Dean's hard to pump. It was a horrifying scene. My father even cried during the process and I was trying my best to calm down my mother.

"Ahhhh!" My eyes widen when I heard Dean's screamed. It was the same scream that I heard when he saw Danielle. Dean woke up in horror and I walked inside trying to calm him down by hugging him tightly.

I could feel his heart beating so fast and his body was burning. My heart hurt so bad seeing him like this. Dean was crying and he screamed when it hit him that Danielle was not in a good state. He tried to get out from the bed, me and Edmund had to stop him.

My father quickly gave him a drug that made him sleep instantly. I dropped down to the floor after seeing how heart broken he is. He doesn't deserve this. He doesn't deserve this at all.

My mother hugged me and I tried to hard to not blame myself for everything that happened.

Isabella Serano

Dean woke up.

All he do all day was to stare through the glass window into Danielle's room. He didn't say a word, he was hurt inside and he cried every now and then. Danielle's father tried to cheer Dean up but it never worked.

Dean was crying and screaming for her name. He's losing a lot of weight, losing himself and slowly losing his sanity.

She was indeed the only person that he has.

When I saw Dean panicked after Danielle ranaway with Damien. It was clear that she is his world. He loves her more than anything in this world. He loves her more than life itself.

I was praying so hard that Danielle can get pass her critical stage so they can be together again. He deserves to be happy and not suffer from life anymore.

All he wanted was to save and protect everyone, yet.. the most important person that he has.. ended up in a coma.

"Dean." I called him and he turned to me. I gave him a bottle of water and he ignored me.

"I'm sorry." I said and he turned to me.

"It's not your fault." He said in a small voice.

"I would.. trade my life with her if I can." I said and he shook his head.

"She'll be okay, I know she will."

Phoenix, Lana, Adrian, Leah, Angelo, Dakota and Chance visited us to check on Dean. All Dean said to them was thank you and he told them to go home. He even said that he doesn't want to be a part of ILLICIT anymore and asked the them to take over.

Not only that.. my father told me that he might losing his ability as a surgeon is he doesn't heal perfectly. Surgeon needs to have steady hands and after the injury that he went through, there's possibilities that he might not get back to the medical field.

God, what did my brother do to deserve this? It's not fair at all.

It's not fair.