Chapter 46 - Bar

Declan Serano

Danielle handed me the red velvet box and then I walked towards my father.

"Father, happy birthday." I said as I gave him the present. He smiled looking at it and then he turned to me.

"Thank you, son. Can I open it now?" He asked and I nodded. He opened the red velvet box and it's a watch what I custom made for him. It has a SERANO name carved on the inside.

"Thank you so much, I love it." He said as he gave me a hug.

"Glad that you like it, Danielle helped me decide." I said as I turned to Danielle and she smiled.

"Thank you, Danielle." My father gave her a brief hug. My father wore it right away and he could stop looking at it.

"Alejandro!" My mother called my father and he immediately walked away.

"Danielle, could you help me with something?" Bella walked into the living room and Danielle nodded. They walked away and I saw Corwin walking out to the garden. I decided to follow him.

I'm curious about this man.

Before I could reach the door, Edmund stopped me. He gestured me to not talk to him and I gestured him to move away. Edmund sighed and decided to walk out to the garden with me.

Corwin just ended a call and he turned to us.

"So how long have you been dating my sister?" I asked right away and Corwin raised his eyebrows.

"Almost a year." He said and I looked at him suspiciously.

"BOYS! Let's eat.." My mother announced and before I could ask anything Edmund dragged me away. I was about to protest.

"Let's eat dinner first." Edmund said and I nodded. We walked into the dining room and I sat between my father and Danielle. I looked at the food and can't wait to dig the lobster.

"Eat up." My father said and I grabbed one lobster for Danielle. She thanked me and I smiled nodding.

"So Bella.." I started a conversation.

"Hmm?" She turned to me.

"When will you get married?" I asked as I looked at the couple.

"Around next month." Bella answered and I nodded. I eyed Corwin and he didn't hesitate to look me back. I know for sure that this man is a mafia. I've heard his name before but how did this two encounter each other?

"Are you planning to stay the night, Declan?" I turned Damien and I nodded.

"Yeah, maybe a couple of nights." I answered.

"Good to hear that."

Isabella Serano

"Thank you for coming on my father's birthday." I said to Danielle and she smiled.

"He misses you guys but you know he's not able to say it with words.. he's not good at it." Danielle said.

"Yeah, I just it runs in the family." I chuckled as I grabbed my cup of tea. I turned to see all the boys are playing cards along with my mother. It was a good sight to see especially seeing Declan again.

I've missed him so much and I'm so happy that he's back.

"So you're going to have a wedding here?" Danielle asked and I automatically turned to see my ring.

"Yeah."

"Congratulations once again."

"How about and Declan?" I asked trying to change the topic.

"Oh.. I never ask him about it." Danielle said as he looked up to the sky.

"You guys love each other." I said and she chuckled.

"Bella, we never even.. define our relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend. How can I ask him about marriage?" My jaw dropped. What the hell is he thinking?

"Is he stupid?"

"You know he's not good with words, I don't want to force him about our relationship since I'm patiently waiting for him to heal and just be happy." That idiot. I guess it runs in the family too. This is why my mother complains about all her children, none of them settle down for real.

"I better teach him a lesson." I hissed.

"No.. no.. don't!" Danielle panicked.

"Danielle! Are you kidding me? You both been living together for the past year and he never asked you to be his girlfriend?" I was mad. As much as I'm happy that he's here, I want to smack his head so bad.

"I don't want to force him about our relationship. I know we care for each other and I know one day, he will-"

"No! No excuses!" I cut her.

"You and I are going to a bar tomorrow night!"

"Bella, I don't think it's a great idea." She said.

"Tell him that you're going shopping with me, I want you to trust me." I said as I took another sip of my teaz

"I'm going to teach him a lesson." I whispered.

Declan Serano

The next day..

"Declan." I turned to Danielle.

"Hmm?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Bella and I plan to go shopping, will that be okay with you? We're going to get our nails done too." She said and I smiled.

"Of course." I said.

"Thank you." She said as she walked over to me. She gave me a peck on my lips and then she left. After taking a shower, I walked out from my room to the living room to find Edmund or maybe Damien. I was going to ask them to play billiard.

Instead of Edmund or Damien, I found Corwin in the living room.. reading a book.

"Good evening." I said as I sat down on the sofa across him.

"Evening." He gave me a small smile.

"Why are you here?" I asked because I know he's staying in the hotel.

"I was just waiting for Bella." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Bella and Danielle went shopping, they left like 30 minutes ago.." I said completely confused.

"Huh?"

"They went shopping and getting their nails done." I said and Corwin looked at me like I grow two heads.

"Isabella doesn't like shopping, she uses internet shopping a lot."

"What is that suppose to mean?"

"They're not going shopping! Shit!"