Chapter 48 - Long Story

Danielle Leone

I looked down to the ground nervously as Declan walked back to back in front of me. I bit my bottom lips completely ready to hear him giving me a long lecture about our relationship.

"Single?" He suddenly asked and I looked up to him.

"Single?" He repeated as he raised his eyebrows.

"Are you single, Danielle?" He asked again.

"Yes." I said and he looked at me disbelief.

"What?"

"I mean.. I am single." I said pointing at myself and he put his hands on his hips.

"I need to go to the hospital, my ears and brain are not working very well." He said as he walked past me.

"You never asked me." I said as I turned around.

"You never ask me to be your girlfriend, you can say that we're fooling around right now." I added and he run his hands through his hair.

"I- I mean- We-" He's speechless.

"I know you're not good with words but.. I don't know what you want if you don't say anything." I said and he turned away.

"Bella is a bad influence huh?" Why is he? Is he blaming Bella?

"Listen to me Declan Serano." I hissed and decided to be so sassy.

"I've been keeping up with you all this time and I'm sorry to say this but.. you and I are nothing. We're just.. hmmm.. friends with benefits. Yeah! That's the word.." I sticked my tongue out and walked into the mansion.

I walked back to the room and grabbed my stuff. I walked out and asked the maid for another guest room. She immediately led me to one and I got in there and locked the door.

That idiot.

Bella is right. I thought he's just not good with words but when I dropped the bomb, he decided to blame Bella instead of asking the question that I've been dying to her since decades ago.

Screw that man!

Declan Serano

I'm sitting in the living room looking at the table blankly. What did I do wrong? It's already past midnight and I won't be able to sleep without Danielle beside me.

She's mad and pissed at me so she decided to sleep in another room.

"What the hell are you doing in the living room? You scared the shit out of me!" I turned to see Bella walking in with her highheels on her hand. She sat on the sofa across me.

"You made Danielle sleep in another guest room." I said.

"That's your problem, not mine!" She threw her highheels to the floor. I glared at her and she glared at me.

"What's with you and Corwin Grey? So are you engaged or not?" I asked and she sighed.

"You're an idiot, how come you never ask her to be your girlfriend? At first, I thought you just haven't propose to her.. I never thought you never even ask her to be your girlfriend?!" She threw a pillow at me.

"What the?!"

"That's not how you treat a woman! You and Corwin are the same!" She hissed angrily.

"You're drunk!"

"For god sakes, all men are the same!" She got up and threw her bag to the floor angrily. She then walked to the kitchen.

"Why are you guys fighting? It's midnight." I looked up to see Edmund looking half asleep. Suddenly Bella screamed and I leaned my body to the sofa.

"ASSHOLE!" She screamed more as I heard a loud bang. She suddenly ran out from the kitchen and grabbed her bag that she threw earlier. She took out a ring and threw it to the wall. She then grabbed her phone.

She decided to call someone and she got up from the floor.

"Where are you?! I want to fuck!" She grabbed her bag and walked out.

What just happened?

Danielle Leone

For lunch, Danielle sat beside my mother. She didn't even bother to look at me or try to talk to me. They're busy talking about paintings and collecting plates.

"Ahh.." I turned to Bella who just walked into the dining room. She just got home and she wore a man's shirt.

"Where have you been?" My father asked and Bella ignored him.

"Bella, Corwin was here earlier." My father said and I glared at her.

"I was at my friend's place." She answered and then she turned to me.

"What?" She glared at me back.

"What? You're blaming me?" Bella asked me in her high pitch tone.

"Yeah."

"You, men, are idiots. None of you understand how to treat a woman!" Bella stood up and pointing her finger at me.

"Bella.. Declan.." My father warned.

"Bella, Corwin came here earlier. You should give him a call." My father said and Bella turned to him.

"We broke up, I slept with someone else. Don't even bring that man's name again. I despise him!" Bella threw a toast to my face and I got up throwing it back to her.

The fuck is wrong with that woman.

"Danielle! You should fine a better man, Seranos men are fucking annoying and stupid! All men are!" Bella shouted from the living room. I turned to my father and he sighed.

"Ignore her, Danielle." My mother said to Danielle and she turned to me.

"Jesus.. Bella is giving me a headache." I said. My father got up and walked out from the dining room.

"Let's talk after lunch." I said to Danielle.

"No, we're both are going to town together." Danielle said.

"Let's talk first then you can go to town.." I said and Danielle turned to my mother. She gave her a nod and I continued to eat.

Bella needs to check her brain. What did Corwin do until she snapped like that? Even broke up with him and slept with someone else.

Gosh, what the fuck is wrong with Serano's genes? After I ate my food, I walked out to the living room waiting for Danielle to finish. As I sat down, I saw Corwin walking in and he gave me a nod before going upstairs.

"So.. you two fought?" I turned to my father who sat beside me.

"Yes and no."

"Treat her good, Declan." My father said as he pattwd my shoulder.

"I know." I said and I heard Bella screaming upstairs.

"What is wrong with her?"

"Oh it's a long story.."