Chapter 17 - Trust

Danielle Leone

9 years ago..

"Do you know.. you and Dean are pretty similar?" I turned to Denada who just brought two cups of tea for us.

"Pretty similar? In what way?" I asked curiously.

"A lot of ways, it's like you both can fool each other." I chuckled hearing her answer.

"So? Do think we're compatible?" I asked smirking and she shook her head.

"No."

"No? Why? That's rude.. I thought you would be on my side and say yes."

"You want me to say yes because you like him. For me, you both will hurt each other in the end." She said as she grabbed her cup of tea.

"He will hurt me?"

"You both are selfless people. You both are incredibly smart. You both are most likely to.. create the most extravagant thing in this world." She said and then she sipped her drink. I grabbed mine and took a sip.

"The one thing that.. you both don't have with each other is.. trust." She added and I was surprised.

"Trust? Why wouldn't I trust him?"

"You both are the type who knew that you.. yourself are capable of doing things on your own. You don't want the other person to get hurt, you think you can do it by yourself but no.. you don't."

"What should I do then? I like him a lot and I'm willing to change for him." I said and she smiled.

"I think the word like is not right, I love him. I love him a lot, Denada. I want to be with him for the rest of my life." I added and she chuckled.

"Then let ILLICIT go. Leave and take him, live an ordinary life. Get married young and have kids." I shook my head hearing it.

"Leaving ILLICIT? This is my only family, you.. Parker.. Lycan.. Luka.. Dante.. and Matteo.." I said looking at her disbelief. How can she want me to leave everything?

"Everyone in ILLICIT is here for a revenge. The perfect revenge which.. there won't be any."

"But you know Parker, he's the leader and you're his wife. You're here right now." I said rolling my eyes. Then we heard a loud cheer from the field and I turned to see the boys hugging each other. They just finished their game.

"Parker."

"What about him?"

"He's not a great leader. He made a lot of mistakes, Danielle. One day, that title will go to you.. or Dean."

"Why me? I mean.. I will root for Dean all the way." I said as I turned to her.

"Wait! What do you mean mistakes? Because I'm pretty sure that we're on the right track. Besides from what I heard.. Lycan wanted that title." I said and Denada shook her head.

"Don't trust anyone, just try to trust yourself if anything goes wrong. Don't trust Dean either because he might.. not trust you and you both end up having misunderstanding."

Present time..

"Are you doubting me?!" I looked at Dean angrily.

"You did.. or you did not?!" He bursted back and that's the moment when I realized that Denada was right.

"What makes you think of that?" Now, I don't trust Dean either. I really regretted telling him that I don't have any amnesia.

"A week before Parker died, you're in Italy. You had a big fight with Parker and I have a lot of witness giving me information about your arrival." He said in a cold tone as he didn't take his eyes off me.

"So.. you're pointing your fingers at me? Do you think I have a motive to kill Parker?" I asked calmly.

"If you're doubting me, then.. I don't have anything to say anymore. You give me no choice but to get out of here and stand on my own figuring out what to do next." I said as I grabbed the bag and put all the letters back into the bag.

"I don't trust you." He said and I turned to him.

"It's okay if you don't trust me, it happens." I said as I stood up and slung my back to my shoulder.

"You don't have any proofs about me being in Italy on the week that Parker died. All you got was witnesses saying it so. I know you're so much better than that and so much smarter that accusing me of something that I didn't do." I hissed and Dean gestured me to get out. I grabbed my phone on the bed and walked out from his house.

I drove back to my house and found my father sitting in the living room.

"Danielle." He called me and I walked to him.

"When will you start learning and taking over? I think I already gave you enough time to rest and have fun." He said and I smiled.

"I'll start next Monday, father."

"Good."

"Oh! Luka is here.. he's waiting for you in the garden." I nodded. I hid the letters on the drawer under the stairs and walked to the garden. I found Luka sitting on the bench and waved at me.

"What brings you here? You didn't even call."

"I was just discussing a few things with your father and I just thought why not I wait for you to come home.." I smiled when he said that. I sat beside him on the bench and looked up to the sky that starting to get dark.

"Where's your wife?" I asked.

"She's busy as usual. So.. how is it going with Dean?"

"About what?"

"Your relationship, are you two doing great?"

"No."

"No? That's shocking."

"Why? Why is it shocking?"

"I thought you two will.. you know get into a relationship. It's been years since you left to the US." He said and I chuckled.

"No, we're just fooling around."

"Until when? You like each other." I laughed at his statement.

"Like each other?" I repeated.

"Why? Is he bullying you again? Did he want you to go back to America?"

"No, I just think that we both are not compatible."

ILLICIT #5 : Eclipse जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें