Chapter 22 - Warmth

Danielle Leone

"I already have him under my watch." Alejandro said through the phone. The girls helped me located Alejandro a week ago and it was pure fate when Dean is visiting Andorra. Apparently Alejandro knew that Dean always visit Andorra once a month.

"Thank you." I said.

"Danielle." He called me.

"Yes, sir?"

"Thank you for reaching out to me, I'm taking this opportunity to.. fix my relationship with him."

"As you should, sir."

"We'll talk again next time." He ended the call and I put down my phone on the table. I closed my eyes and I'm glad that I get rid of Dean for the time being.

Dean Alessandro

I was right.

The moment I was treated as Declan, I.. was starting to lose myself more. I could feel my heart hurting and not wanting to do anything with them but somehow I.. want explanation.

I grew up alone, had to work so hard, got betrayed, got hurt and gping against this world without someone to lean on.

Parker was the first person that I trust and then followed by Danielle. After that the 4 boys came into my life changing a lot of things. I was starting to feel and understand what happiness is but then.. Phoenix left.

"Dean." I heard my mother knocking on the door. She's been constantly come to my room trying to talk me but I don't really want to talk to them.

At night, I decided to go out when everyone is asleep. I went down to the garden and I still have a lot of guards following me. They have to be on alert knowing that I can run away anytime.

I sat on the bench and looked up to the sky. My heart was hurting a lot and I don't even think about Lycan and the nuclear bomb anymore.

I'm currently in a time where I'm having an identity crisis and trying not to down on my own trauma.

"Dean." I turned to see my oldest brother walking towards me carefully. He sat on the end of the bench and I let out a long sigh.

"I'm sorry." That's the first thing that he said.

"I'm sorry that.. I didn't try to find you or get to know you." He said and I knew he's sincere but I still can't accept his apology.

"Seeing you today, alive and well.. made me happy because the only memory that I have about you was when you wrapped your little fingers on my index finger when you're a baby."

"Things will never change." I turned to him.

"There's too much damage already and I don't know why should I.. accept the fact that I still have a family when none of you be there for me." I hissed coldly and he nodded.

"Declan.. I mean Dean.. I know it might be too late but I really want to be there as your big brother." He said and I shook my head.

"All my life, I've lost a lot of people. I got no one, I was always alone. I don't need a big brother to be there when I can stand on my own." I said.

"Have you ever.. listen to father's reason why he.. gave you to the Alessandro's?"

"Whatever the reason is, I don't care."

"What should I do for you to forgive me?"

"Get me out of here.. then I can consider that."

"No."

"That's the point." I said as I got up.

"If you don't want to talk to me, it's fine. But can you at least, talk to mother." He begged and I left him alone. I went back to my room and decided to sleep.

Damien Serano

I hate my father. I think that's the right statement. My mother, the twins and I thought he passed away after 3 months. I demanded an explanation from my father about this because mother was not doing well after she knew Declan is still alive.

I know Dean Alessandro. He's a successful doctor who discover a few medicine even though he's still so young. He's also a billionaire because of his discovery. How do I know? Because one of my friends actually brought her father to him.

Never once I thought he's my little brother.

Seeing him today broke me, he deserved to be angry and not want to see us. I understand but knowing his situation, broke me more. He's a part of ILLICIT, to be exact the leader.

Who doesn't know ILLICIT? It would so stupid if you live in Europe and don't know ILLICIT. They're the most powerful company in Europe and they've been working with Europol from the start of it.

"What should we do?" Edmund asked as I turned to him.

"We have to approach him first, there's no other way."

"Mother has been crying all day, she really wants to talk to him." Isabella said and I nodded.

"I know."

"I guess we have to be patient." Edmund said as he sat on the sofa.

"We really should help him."

"Of course.. but first we have to understand the situation before helping. We don't want it to hurt him in the end." I said and the twins nodded.

Dean Alessandro

"Dean, it's me.. can you let me in? I want to talk to you?" My mother has been knocking non-stop and she has been begging to talk to me more than anyone in this house. I decided to open the door for her and she was already crying.

"Can I hug you?" She asked and I nodded. She hugged me tightly and she buried her face my chest. It was weird for me, I couldn't even hug her back.

It was awkward and I'm not used to this.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." She said as she cried more. I didn't even know what to say. She pulled back and held both of my hands.

"Oh my boy, I never thought you're still alive." She said as she put her hand on my cheek.

It felt really weird but at the same time.. I felt her warmth.