Chapter 52 - Best Man

Danielle Leone

"Didn't I tell you that this is a bad idea?" Declan turned to Angelo.

"Yes, Declan. You already said it like.. a thousand times already." Angelo said and I chuckled. I cut my sandwich and continued to eat again.

"He loves it because he thinks he's Tom Cruise." Adrian pointed out and Angelo rolled his eyes.

"True." Dakota said.

"Babe!" Angelo protested.

"Let's not talk about that." I turned to Chance.

"Then talk about what?" Phoenix asked.

"Who is going to be your best man, now that you both are engaged?" Chance said and I turned to Lana who sat beside me. She looked at Chance disbelief.

"Best man?" Declan asked.

"Yeah, best man. I think you should pick me." Chance said pointing at himself.

"This is so childish." Aria said.

"I deserve to be one because he kicked me out." Angelo said and Declan sighed.

"He kicked me out too! Since I'm the last person that-"

"Chance Kyson, you're so childish!" Aria cut him.

"How about me?" We all turned to Adrian.

"And why you?" Declan asked.

"Because we're royals? Prince to Prince.."Adrian smirked.

"That's stupidest thing that I've heard today." Leah whispered and I laughed.

"How about me? Because I don't have a best man in my wedding." Phoenix said and I really tried not to laugh.

"Just take Simba and Koda." Lana suggested.

"Lana!" Phoenix looked at her disbelief.

"Pick one, Declan!" Chance said and all of the boys looking at Declan instensely. Dean sighed and looked at them one by one.

"You all can dream." Declan said and they all rolled their eyes.

"Come on! This is going to be a wedding of the century!" Angelo said as he tapped the table.

"And?" Declan raised his eyebrows.

"You need a best man." Chance said completely giving him a puppy eyes.

"I will think about it and I will let you all know tomorrow." Declan said. They all sighed and continued to talk about ILLICIT and business.

After we have lunch, we will be going our separate ways because we're all on a break. A full break from work and ILLICIT for about ten days. I walked hand-in-hand with Declan to our car and of course, the paparazzi won't stop following us.

"Are you pregnant, Ms. Leone? When is the wedding? Are you going to live in Paris?" There's a lot of questions regarding that topic. We never answer any of them because we want to keep everything private.

I got into the car and Declan immediately drove away. We're both are heading home because we have an appointment for the wedding. We will be having a meeting about the venue and the concept of the wedding.

"So.. what are you going to do with the.. best man?" I asked and Declan bursted into laughter.

"They terror me every day, they keep asking about it!" Declan sighed and I chuckled.

"Don't blame them because you were not present on their weddings." I said.

"That's true and I was actually planned to have all of them but I rather tell them last minute because they might fight and try to convince me more." He said and then we slowly going to past the Eiffle Tower.

"Declan, can we take a short walk?" I asked.

"Where? Eiffel tower?" He asked.

"Yeah." Declan immediately tried to find a parking spot. We got out from the car and I held his hand as we walked towards the Eiffel tower.

"The city of love." I said as I looked up to the Eiffel tower.

"Yeah, it's been a long time since I've come here.. to take a walk." We continued to walk and there's a lot of people here. People who are having a picnic, couples who came here to take photos and a lot of tourist.

"I can't believe I come back here after a decade and.. engaged." I said as I stopped walking again. I turned to Declan and he smiled. He held both of my hands.

"I remember we both came here."

"I was already in love with you back then." I said glaring at him and he gave me a peck on my lips.

"Me too. I was already.. in love but.. I know we won't be able to be together if we got together back then." Declan said as he turned to the Eiffel tower.

"Why? Why can't we get together today if we got together back then?" I asked curiously.

"Lycan would have killed me because he loved you so much back then." Declan answered and he's right.

"Edmund asked Dante and I just watched the tapes yesterday." He turned to me.

"Lycan hates me so much and he thought of killing me a thousand times until last year. The thing that made him didn't because you and I didn't get together and the fact that I saved him once back then." Declan said and I nodded. I hugged him and he kissed the top of my head.

"I'm so happy that everything is over now and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, Danielle." I pulled away and gave him a peck on his lips.

"Me too! I can't wait.."

"I have another good news." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"What is it?"

"You know that I've done more physical therapy for the past year right? The results came out this morning." My eyes widen when I know what he's talking about.

"Really?"

"Yeah! I'm officially back in the field!" I started to cry hearing it. Thank God for giving back his ability to save people. I hugged him tightly and he chuckled.

"That's good news!"

"I know, I thought I want to tell you later by dinner but I can't help it."

"You should have tell me earlier!"

"I love you, Danielle." He said as he leaned closer to me.

"Love you too."