Chapter 25 - Pain

Adrian Nielsen

When I first heard that Dean is actually a Serano, I didn't believe it. How can he be one? There's no track record of him ever be with the Seranos.

There's no way he is one until today.. the 3 famous Seranos came to our headquarters. It felt so unreal to me that it made me speechless in a lot of ways.

No wonder Dean is fucking genius and really good in what he did, he has the genes of Alejandro Serano.

It made me wonder if he knew that he's a Serano from the start or he just knew it recently. They introduced themselves to us in a friendly tone which I never thought I would be hearing it.

I attended Serano's exhibitions before that they're pretty much a copy of Dean. Now, I understand. They're not a copy of Dean but Dean is pretty much a clone of them.

"So.. you're here to drop off Dean right?" Angelo asked.

"We're here to join and help. We're hoping after all this ends, he would comeback with us to Andorra." Isabella answered.

"Hello, Nielsen." Edmund smiled at me and I smiled back awkwardly. Yes, I knew Edmund because we're pretty much partners in business. The door opened revealing Danielle and Dean.

Dean turned to the three Serano, "All of you can go, I don't need you." Dean said in a cold tone, as expected.

"No, we're here to help." Damien said.

"I don't need your help! Just go.. you're making things more complicated than it already is." Dean hissed as he opened the door.

"I was the one who called them. They were supposed to come here without you." I turned to Danielle disbelief.

"I really hate you for this, they're the last person on earth that I want to deal with!" Dean bursted angrily but he was looking at his 3 siblings.

"Let's go down to the underground lab." Leah got up suddenly making me a little nervous. Leah led them out and the others followed. I stayed in the room until it was left between me and Dean.

"Dean." I turned to him.

"Let's just work together, we don't know what to expect in the future. Let's do it for everyone's safety." I said and Dean gestured me to go. I walked towards him and gave him a patt on his shoulder before walking out.

Damien Serano

Throughout the whole meeting, Declan was quiet. I knew he has a lot of things going on in his mind and I don't blame him.

Seeing him after 30 years felt so odd but I do feel the bond between us instantly after seeing how similar we are in ways of thinking. All he wanted to do is to protect everyone and I don't blame him but he needs someone to have his back too.

I wasn't there for him throughout his life but now I want to be in his life even though he resends me. I don't care, I just want to be there even though I know it will be so hard to get his forgiveness to our family.

Edmund felt the same way. We had no other choice by doing this the hard way because we don't want him to get hurt, not even a scratch.

When I saw him walking out from the lab, I decided to follow him. He went up to the lobby looking at the pouring rain. He just stood there looking up to the sky.

"We're going to get that nuclear code." I stood beside him and he ignored me.

"No one will get hurt, I promise." I said and he turned to me. I can see the pain in his eyes and all I wanted to do now is to hug him but I'm so afraid that it will make him hate me more.

"I will not let anyone hurt you.. I promise."

"You sound just like Parker. I don't need you to protect me, just protect yourself." He said as he turned to the rain again.

"Isabella told me that she has been planning a lot of things to do with you after all of this mess is done." I looked up to the sky.

"She told me that she loves you the most immediately after she saw you again after 30 years. I guess she changes her favorites right away.." I chuckled.

"I don't want to be a Serano. No matter how hard you all try, I don't want to be one." I can't answer that statement.

"I don't want to be attach to someone. They always leave me in a way that I never expected. Numerous people come and go in my life and I've had enough." Anyone could feel the pain in his words.

"I don't even want to live anymore. I never been happy, I never been feel like I'm enough and I never feel at ease." He added.

"After this all end, I just want you to go back to Andorra and just live your life before you met me. I don't want to be a part of Serano and I don't want to deal with people anymore." I turned to him and he looked at the rain blankly.

He's hurt a lot and it showed.

"But if you really want to do me a favor.. let me just ask you for one." He turned to me and looked straight into my eyes.

"Whatever happens.. just save Danielle first. She's the only person that is important to me."

"I will." I said and he nodded. He then walked back inside and that's when I can't hold my emotions anymore. I cried after hearing his words and felt his emotions.

I wish I could take his pain and make him happy. I want him to be happy. It's not fair for someone like him experience all the pain that he went through.

I took out my phone and dialed someone.

"Yes, Mr. Serano. What can I do for you?"

"Bring me 10 teams to Paris by tomorrow. I want you to bring 20 sets of the M-92."