Chapter 9 - Throne

Lana Sterling

Judging by her body language, she seemed pretty decent. What made her so special or so scared by a lot of people? She looked around with us but she didn't talk a lot.

Which is pretty normal since we just 'met' earlier.

"Flare is actually owned by my friend." I turned to Danielle who stood in front of a beautiful piece of necklace.

"Oh really?"

"It's beautiful." She said as she set her eyes on it completely loving it.

"Wow." Dakota stood beside me seeing the same piece. It's indeed beautiful, it's a diamond necklace with red rubies on it. It will worth millions.

Danielle called one of the staff and she pointed at the piece.

"How much?"

"This piece is 1.2 million euros, Ms. Leone." The staff answered.

"Okay." She gestured her to walk away and that made me completely interested in this woman's gesture. She indeed looked like someone who has power and everything on the palm of her hands.

"Are you going to buy it?" I asked and that was so stupid of me. I was so invested in this situation that it came out of my mouth.

"I want to ask my friend to customize it." She smiled and I nodded.

"How about you? Do you have a piece in mind that you want to buy?" She asked.

"I love Flare but I don't seem to find something that I want." Dakota said.

"I'll pass to, I want to wait for their winter collection." I said completely just blabbering things out.

"Danielle." I froze and I turned to Dakota. We both turned around to see Dean standing there. Danielle squealed and hugged him immediately.

"Why are you here? I thought you have to perform a surgery?" Danielle asked as she looked up to him.

"They change the schedule, the patient needs a couple more test."

"That's great! We can eat dinner!" She said and Dean smiled nodding.

This is not the Dean that I know. It's the complete opposite of what I've encountered before.

Dean looked up to us and Danielle immediately turned to me and Dakota.

"That's so rude of me! Dean, this is my new friend, Dakota and Lana. Girls, this is my boyfriend, Dean." Danielle smiled and Dean pretended to offer his hand. We both took it and Dean turned to Danielle.

"Let's go grab dinner." He said and Danielle nodded.

"Girls, thank you for bringing me here. Maybe I'll see you around.." She said and with that they both left. I turned to Dakota and she has the same expression as me. We both were dumbfound with what just happened.

"Babe, did you see that?" I asked Phoenix through my ear piece.

"Yeah, it's completely not normal."

"Did that just happen in front of my eyes?" Dakota asked and I nodded.

"That's not Dean. That's clearly not Dean." I said stil.. speechless and have zero clue of what's happening.

"It's Dean, it's just.. that woman has power over him." I heard Angelo said.

Danielle Leone

"Boyfriend?" Dean asked.

"What? I can't say that?" I asked as I held his hand.

"Yeah, you should have not say that."

"Don't be grumpy and let's just eat.. I'm so hungry."

"What are you doing there?" Dean raised his eyebrows.

"I was at the bar and those two women approached me. They told me that Flare is having an exhibition upstairs so.. I thought why not checking it out."

"They're strangers, Danielle. Next time, you shouldn't follow random people somewhere." Dean looked at me angrily and I chuckled.

"I always have my pepper spray with me, don't worry."

"Pepper spray? Are you kidding me?"

"Don't be grumpy, Mr. Alessandro. Just eat up.."

Dean Alessandro

When I heard from my trusted PI that Lana and Dakota were approaching Danielle. I left my work immediately and asked anpther surgeon to do the surgery.

My alert was going up and I never knew that they took it too far as trying to talk to Danielle.

I was worried about Danielle.

Ever since she got her amnesia, I've been nothing but gentle towards her. I really don't want her to remember anything. That's why it's a golden rule with everyone that we don't tell her that Parker is already death.

She changed a lot too after she got amnesia. It's another version of Danielle and I tried to protect her as much as I can. I don't want her to go to Lycan's side because I know that she will do anything to get power.

I've always tried to find a way to cure her but somehow I don't want to see her to remember all the bad things and the sad things that she experienced.

No, she's not my girlfriend before I sent her to America. She indeed likes me and have a strong attechmeng but we don't date. We like to fool around but that's it.

Parker doesn't want her to date one of us because he knew it will pretty much be a chaos. I think he's just fulfilling his roll as a big brother.

They're cousins.

Danielle always look up to Parker because Parker is indeed a good person. It's just Parker lose a lot of people that he loves because his dream of wanting to build ILLICIT. One of them was his wife.

Before Parker died, he actually gave the leader title to Danielle. Danielle is pretty much a clone of Parker. They're both have a really great leadership and they won't hesitate to sacrifice their lives for other people.

After Parker's wife died in Danielle's arms, Danielle changed. She was traumatized and can't cope with the grief. A day after that, she got into a huge accident that almost take her life.

She got amnesia that pretty much can't be cure and I quickly sent her to America. Thank God that she wants to be a racer and the fact that she doesn't even remember that Parker got married.

After Danielle left, Parker realized that Danielle is not capable of being a leader anymore. He was planning to leave ILLICIT before ILLICIT even gather as team. He saw Lycan, Matteo and Dante have different vision as him so he decided to kick them all out.

He asked me if I have some friends that can be trusted and that's where I bring Phoenix, Adrian, Angelo and Chance. They all knew Parker for a few months before Parker died.

Now that Danielle is back, she wants to claim her throne that was supposed to be hers.