Chapter 53 - Wedding of The Century

Danielle Leone

"Danielle." I turned to the door to see my father walking in.

"Can you give us time alone?" I asked my staff and they all walked out from the room. I got up from my seat and turned to my father.

"You look so beautiful, Danielle." He said completely looking at me in awe.

"Reminds me a lot about your mother."

"Father." I held both of his hands and he gave me a little nod.

"I guess today is the day where I.. give you away." He said and I smiled trying my best not to cry.

"Declan is a really good man and he really loves you, I'm glad that he's the one that you're going to marry." He added.

"Thank you, father." I opened my arms and hugged him. He hugged me tightly and I caressed his back. He pulled away and smiled.

"So happy for you, my little girl." He said and there's a knock on the door. One of the wedding organizer employees told us that it's time. We both walked out from the waiting room and stood right in front of the entrance door.

"Hello boys." I greeted my two potatoes. Simba and Koda wiggled their tails and I commanded them to sit down.

"Danielle." I turned to my father and he put out his arm. I grabbed it and he smiled.

"Ready?" He asked.

"I'm ready." The door opened widely and in my eyes, I only saw Declan standing at the end of the aisle. The potatoes walked in first and Declan immediately kneeled down greeting them both. Those potatoes acted like our flower girls.

All the people stood up as me and my father walked down the aisle. The wedding march started to play and my eyes locked with Declan's. He started to tear up and I tried my best not to cry. The longer I locked my eyes with him, I started to cry. My father patted my hand calming me down.

My father handed my hand to Declan.

"I trust you for taking care of my daughter for the rest of her life, Declan." My father said.

"With all my life." Declan answered and he took my hand. My father gave me a kiss on my cheek before head to his seat. I turned to Declan and we both walked up the stairs.

"You look.. so beautiful." He whispered.

"Thank you." Then I turned to all the boys behind Declan and chuckled. Phoenix, Adrian, Angelo and Chance got to be Declan's best man after a whole scene of arguing and fighting.

"Boys.." I greeted them and they gave me their biggest smile. We both then turned to the priest. He started to guide us through our vows with God as the center of our relationship.

Then we both facing each other ready to say our own vows to each other.

"Danielle Leone, it's been more than 12 years since we met. 12 years ago, I never thought that you would be someone that holds my whole world. We both met with each other because of the same scar. We learn how to face life together and then ended up separating for 8 years. You were there on my darkest days, you were there on my brightest days and I'm so thankful for keeping up with me."

"Here I am standing in front of you, I want to promise you with all my life, with all my soul and with all I that have in this world that I will protect you, I will make you happy and I will love you for the rest of my life. We already went through those dark days and I promise you that there will be no more. I love you so much, Danielle. I will go through this life with you in every situation that will occur in the future." I wiped my tears quickly because it's my turn to say my vows.

"Declan, sometimes I still can't believe that you're mine. I always ask myself how is it possible that someone like you exist in this world? You're kind, caring, always putting others first before yourself and lastly someone who still can stand tall after going through a lot of hard times in life. From now on until forever, I promise you that you will never be alone anymore. I promise you that you will never wake up alone every morning and sleep alone every night."

"I promise you that will be someone who will help carry your burden and help you go through all the hardships in the future. I love you so much, Declan Serano. I will love you until death separate us and until the world ends, I will not stop. I will love you forever and nothing can change that." I ended my vow and wiped his tears.

We put each other rings on and stared into each other's eyes.

"I love you." He whispered.

"Love you too."

"Now, I pronounce you.. Husband and wife! You may kiss the bride!" Declan cupped my face and kissed me. The whole crowd cheered and I chuckled.

"Love you, Mrs. Serano." He said and kissed me again.

"Love you too, Mr. Serano." I smiled widely. We both turned to the crowd and everyone clapped their hands cheering for us.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"I'm so ready!" I said and we walked down the aisle together. People started throwing flower petals towards us. We took a couple pictures on our way out.

"So.. straight to honeymoon?"

"Straight to honeymoon, babe!" I smiled and suddenly he picked me up bridal style. There's a car already parked right in front of the church.

"Is this what you imagined 12 years ago?" He asked as he started the car.

"This is so much better!" I said and he chuckled.

"If not, we can restart.."

"You're crazy!" I smacked his arm. We both turned to our family and friends who came and waved our hands.

"Start making kids!" Angelo said loudly.

"That idiot.." Declan hissed.