Chapter 28 - Start

Danielle Leone

I walked into the lab and found Dean checking the device that Damien and Edmund made. He looked at it and he sat down on the chair checking it again.

"Are you nervous?" I asked and he turned to me.

"No." Lies.

"I'm scared." I said truthfully as I walked closer to him.

"Don't be." He said as he turned off the 3D projector. I leaned my body to the table and looked at him. We both were silent, we know that we're going to go on a dangerous mission.

"Danielle." He called.

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry for everything.." He said and I smiled.

"Me too. I'm sorry."

"I would be lying if I'm not nervous. I have a lot of people trying to help me and I just felt like.." He looked down to the ground. "I just felt like.. I don't deserve it. I don't want to put anyone's lives at risk."

"We're all in this together, it's not like you're forcing them to help you." I said and he nodded.

"You know.. you should talk to your brothers and sister. They've been helping a lot."

"I'm not a Serano, Danielle." He looked up to me and I chuckled. I moved and stood in front of him. I cupped his face and leaned closed to him.

"Don't be stubborn, your father must a reason why. You should ask him after we finish our mission."

"No."

"I want you to stay safe, Dean. Whatever happens, just.. save yourself, okay?" I said as I caressed his cheek.

"You're forgetting that I'm selfless."

"Right.. you're right." I nodded.

"Please don't get hurt tomorrow." He said and I kissed him. I sat on his lap and he wrapped his arms around my body holding me tightly. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

My chest was hurting so bad. I just hope everything will go smooth according to plan. I really don't want anyone to get hurt, even Dean.

I'm scared. I'm not scared about my own life but more about the people around me. The people that I love.

I hugged Dean tightly and I buried my face to his neck. I could feel my heart beating fast. I'm nervous.

"Everything will be okay, I promise." Dean whispered.

"I just want you to know that I love you, Dean. I love you with my heart and my soul." I whispered and he hugged me tighter. I could feel his heart beating as fast as mine.

"After we finish, how about we go.. for a long drive?" He asked and I pulled away. I smiled looking at him and I could see that he's scared. His eyes showed that he's not ready yet.

"A long drive? Is that a date?"

"No. It's just.. a drive."

"Okay, deal." I nodded.

"When you wake up tomorrow, I want you to come to my room. I will gear you up, okay?" He said and I nodded.

"Yes, sir."

"Good, now go get some sleep. We will have a long long day tomorrow."

Damien Serano

I was hoping that Danielle change her mind but no. She came to me at dawn, just like what we planned yesterday. I could see she's scared but she's willing to do it to prevent Dean from getting hurt.

We both came up with a plan that no one knows except the both of us.

"Are you sure?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I thought you're the one who will back off." I said and she chuckled. She put on her bullet proof suit and then I geared her up with some gadgets around her waist. I doubled check it and I could tell that she's nervous because she's shaking.

"Danielle, we can still stick to the original plan." I suggested and she shook her head.

"No, I have to do this."

"Okay." I said after double checked her gear. I gave her a helmet and I looked at myself in the mirror to double check my gadgets.

"Can you hear me?" I asked as I activated the ear piece.

"Yeah, I could hear you."

"Good." I nodded.

"Let's go."

Edmund Serano

I turned off my alarm and quickly drag myself to the bathroom. I washed up and went straight to the weapon storage to check it one last time before we go in a few hours.

I opened the door to the lab and froze when I found a few guns and gadgets are missing. I tried to stay calm and ran to Damien's room to tell him.

"Dami-" I started to panic when I didn't see him in his room. I tried to check every room in the building and every lab in the underground level but there's no signs of Damien.

"Bella, Damien is missing."

"What?! What do you mean?"

"He's not in his room and some guns are missing." I said and my body was shaking. I don't have a good feeling about this.

My eyes landed on the emergency button and I quickly pressed it. Everyone gathered immediately.

"What is happening?" Phoenix asked.

"Damien is missing.." I said as I looked at the members one by one.

"Where the fuck is Dean and Danielle?!"

"Shit!" Chance hissed.

Chance Kyson

"Dean! Dean! Where the fuck do you think you're going?!" I closed all the doors and ran towards him preventing him to go.

Dean took off his helmet and I could see the pain in his eyes. His body was shaking so bad and I could see him trying to breath properly.

"Danielle and Damien, they left. They left 5 hours ago.. to The Hague." He said and his voice was shaking.

"Go.." I said as I opened the gate for him. He immediately put his helmet and left. I called the airport to prepare the jet right away and called my assistant to guide Dean to the jet.

"Where is he going?!" Adrian asked.

"Danielle and Damien, they're in the Hague already."

"What? Are they crazy?!" Adrian looked at me disbelief.

"Come on! We have to catch up now!"