Epilogue

Dalton Serano

Being born as Declan and Danielle Serano is a definition of privilege. Not only it made me born with a silver spoon but also born with a whole new level of arrogant.

I don't look down on people based on their money, status or their looks but I do look down on people based on their brain.

I hate.. stupid people.

"I pick Cordelia." I said to my teacher and it made Cordelia automaticly walk towards my seat. She sat on the empty seat beside me.

"Aren't you sick teaming up with me again and again?" She asked.

"No." I said and she rolled her eyes. After we picked out teams, the bell rang indicating that it's lunch time. I turned to Cordelia and we got up together. We walked out from the class to go to the cafeteria.

"Dalton!" I turned seeing Zion catching up.

"Harvard will announce it next week, hope we will get in!"

"Hope so or else I will try it again next year." I said and Zion chuckled.

"We'll get in. What do you think Cordelia?" Zion asked.

"If you both don't get it, you should sue Harvard." Cordelia said and Zion put his arm around her. We walked into the cafeteria and as usual people have their eyes on us.

"Tonight, I'm going to crash at your place." Arthur joined as he pointed his finger at Zion.

"You're acting like your father won't stop you." Albert joined as we sat down on our seat. I looked at the menu and decided to just go for the simple sandwish.

"What do you want?" I turned to Arthur.

"I'll go with you." I said as I got up from my seat. We walked to the get our food.

"Are you going to the headquarters after school?" Zion asked and I shook my head.

"I thought you're going because we're going to the circuit after that."

"I'll join you guys when you go to the circuit." I said and Zion patted my shoulder.

"Are you nervous about the acceptance letter?" He asked.

"Kinda." I said as I walked back to our table with our food. I sat down and Deandra joined. She stole my fries and I smacked her hand.

"Get your own food!" I hissed.

Suddenly there's a lot of clapping from the other side of the cafeteria. We all turned our heads to see what happened.

"I forgot that today is Valentine's day." Cordelia said and I turned my attention to my sandwich. I grabbed it and took a big bite.

"How come none of us are in a relationship?" Arthur asked.

"Because our standards are too high, we want someone who has the same level or maybe a little lower than us." Zion said and some of us laughed.

I mean I agree, we grew up seeing our parents as our role models. We have our own standard when it comes to finding our partner.

"Sometimes I do get jealous." Cordelia sighed.

"Who the hell gave you flowers?" I turned to see Alexandra joining us with a big flower bouquet in her hands.

"You have a boyfriend now?" Zion asked.

"We're on a getting to know each other stage." She said and I decided to just eat in silent.

As the children of ILLICIT, we don't have a lot of friends. We don't even want to socialize with others. We don't trust other people easily even though our parents forced us to socialize.

We enrolled into a private school where everyone have money to begin with but still some of them are fools. Some of them using their money to party, some of them using their money to do drugs and some of them even try to create a chaos.

Zion, Tristan and Arthur actually have that symptoms but I stopped them. I put them back into their sense making them remember where they came from.

My father always said that I grew up to be a carbon copy of him. He knew I would be the next leader and would be someone who has the responsibilities to keep everyone on track.

"Dalton." I looked at Zion who sat in front of me. He gestured me to turn around. I put down my sandwich and grabbed a tissue wiping my mouth and hands.

I turned around to see Ellie Lexington standing there with a letter, a rose and a box of chocolate.

"Dalton Serano, I've been loving you since the day I laid my eyes on you. Will you be my boyfriend?" She asked as she gave her big smile. The moment she said that, the whole room became silent.

Everyone has their eyes on us and I looked at her completely not interested. I grabbed the letter and opened it. As soon as I opened the envelope, I saw her writing me 6-7 pages of letters.

"Do you know what it takes to be my girlfriend?" I said as I got up from my seat towering her with my height. I put my hands into my pockets as she looked at me nervously.

"Beautiful? Sexy?" She asked nervously.

"Dalton." I heard Alex warned me.

"Ellie Lexington right?" I asked and her eyes widen when I said her name.

"So.. will you be my boyfriend?" She asked again as she put the rose and her box of chocolate in front of me. I laughed at her.

"Dalton." Zion whispered warning me.

"I don't date someone who rank the last in the class. I don't date.. a dumb girl." I said looking straight into her eyes. For a second, I was waiting for her to cry or to run away but she stood there looking at me like I did not just say those things.

"Then what should I do for you to date me?" She asked and I was surprised.

"Tell me, I will gladly try to achieve that." She said and I chuckled sarcasticly.

"Follow me to Harvard, then I will consider it." I smirked knowing that she will never be able to go to Harvard.