Chapter 36 - Move

Edmund Serano

Yesterday, Dean made me promise to watch over Danielle as he's forced to sleep so he can heal properly. It's been 3 weeks since Danielle fell into a coma and it was hard for Dean to cope up.

We're all been praying and trying our best to wait for her.

I even promised myself that after she woke up, I won't hold Dean back anymore. If he wants to go, he can go. I don't want to pressure him as long as he let us check on him once in a while.

I just finished taking a shower and currently on my way to Danielle room to check on her. I walked into her room to check on her vitals when I noticed that there's a broken glass on the floor.

I immediately pressed on the emergency button and I told the doctors what happened then I ran out to check the CCTV of her room. Did someone come in? Damien joined me to check on the CCTV footage and my eyes widen.

She gained her consciousness. She was trying to reach the glass but because she's so weak, she couldn't hold the glass. We ran back to her room and found my father checking on her.

Danielle already gained her consciousness and only can respond by blinking. My father said that the vitals are goung great and the fact that she will slowly heal normal brings us good news.

"Dean?" That's the only word that came out from her mouth.

"Dean is okay, he's currently sleeping in the room beside you. We'll let him know once he's awake, okay?" My father said and she nodded. Danielle father came into the picture and he was crying to see his daughter already wake up.

I can't help but smile to see her going to be okay. She will need a lot of time to heal.

Dean Alessandro

I opened my eyes slowly and I was greeted with Damien getting up from the sofa. He helped me to sit up straight by raising up the bed. He gave me a glass of water with a straw for me to drink.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Better." I said as I slowly get off the bed. Damien helped me to stand up and he didn't even question where I want to go. He knew that I will go straight to Danielle's room.

When I was in coma, I was experiencing flashbacks of what happened. I was going through the same trauma again and I tried so hard stay alive that I saved myself and wake up from my coma.

I kept praying and praying everyday for Danielle to wake up because if she doesn't, I don't think I would be able to cope up with life anymore. 

Damien opened the door and slowly guided me to Danielle's room. When I looked through the glass window, my eyes widen and my heart was racing. I turned to Damien and he nodded. I quickly dragged him to Danielle's room and Damien helped me hy opening the door and held on my tightly since I still have trouble walking by myself.

"Danielle." I said and Danielle smiled. I was so shocked to see her awake that it felt like a dream. I was just standing there looking at her completely speechless. Damien helped me to sit beside her on her bed.

I hugged her.

Suddenly I could feel all the walls I've build within myself fall down instantly. She's alive, she breathing and she's here. I couldn't control my emotions anymore that I started to cry so hard knowing that she's okay.

Damien Serano

I called all my family members to come. They all rushed to Danielle's room and they all smiled when they saw Dean and Danielle reunited after weeks of emotional rollercoasters.

Dean was crying so hard that I could see his body shaking. Danielle hugged him tightly without saying anything and she was crying too. She patted his back trying to calm him down and Danielle caressed his head.

My father dragged me out from the room and made us all leave to give them space.

Dean Alessandro

I pulled away slowly and cupped Danielle's face. I caressed her cheek and hugged her again.

"I'm okay, Dean." She whispered.

"I will scold you once you heal completely for not keeping your promise." I said and she chuckled. She pushed my body and she smiled. She gave me a kiss on my cheek.

"When did you wake up?" I asked.

"Maybe 12 hours ago, I went to your room and you were sleeping soundly." She said and I held her hand tightly. She wiped my tears and chuckled.

"I'm glad that you're okay." She said.

"I'm not okay, you almost died."

"But I'm not, I'm okay." She caressed my cheek and I nodded. She leaned her forehead to mine.

"I will never leave you, I swear with all my life." She whispered.

"You better be, you're stuck with me forever." I said and she chuckled. I kissed her cheek and she leaned her body back to the bed that's already been angled perfectly.

"So.. what's next?"

"How about we move away? Start over and just.. live the two of us." I suggested and she raised her eyebrows.

"Where?"

"I don't know. Somewhere far away from here. We can build a house and maybe have dogs or cats." I added and she chuckled.

"So you're oeaving everything behind?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm sure."

"Let's heal first and then we can talk about it."

"By the way.. how did you.. learn.." I pointed my finger at her and she let out a long sigh.

"I trained to be an assasin once when I was in the state. That's why.." She said and I nodded.

"So?"

"What?"

"You agree right?" I asked.

"Agree to what?"

"Us moving away."

"Dean, I just woke up."

"Right, sorry."

"We will talk about it later after I do my therapy and heal completely."