Chapter 3 - Change

Danielle Leone

I looked at the watch and Dean should have finish his shift already. His car is still here and I wonder what took him so long to come out.

I swear this man never change, he should have been so happy to see me after years not contacting.

Suddenly the door opened revealing Dean in his hoodie and sweatpants. When he saw me, he doesn't seem surprised. I smiled and got up from my seat.

"How about we go to the bar today?" I asked and Dean shook his head.

"I'm tired, I want to go home and rest." He said and I linked my arms to him.

"Stop being a dick head, I've been waiting for this day to come." I said as I leaned my head to his arm. Some people who saw me with Dean don't seem to like what they see, it's not even my problem.

"Danielle, I'm tired. You should stop waiting for me like this." He said as he pushed my arm away.

"Don't tell me you have a girlfriend." I said as I stood in front of him.

"Danielle, I'm not in the mood for this conversation." He hissed and he walked past me. I turned around and rolled my eyes.

He never change, I swear he never change.

I followed him out from the hospital to his car. He unlocked his car and I immediately got into the passenger seat. Dean got in and sighed.

"Danielle.." He protested.

"What?"

"By the way.. I miss Luka, where is he now?" Dean turned to me and shook his head.

"I'm busy, I barely have time to hangout with friends. Why don't you contact him?" He said and I put my seatbelt on.

"Let's go to a bar." I said and Dean shook his head. I guess I have to go with the old ways. I took off my seatbelt. I took off my leather jacket and threw it to the back seat.

"I'm going to the bar, it's called Retro. I will stay there until you come, you know.. what I'm capable of." I said and I opened the door but Dean stopped me.

"Danielle, don't be childish." He said and I turned to him.

"Then why don't you hangout with me? That why I won't do anything crazy." I said and he shook his head. I got out from the car and walked away towards the busy road.

I heard a lot of men cat calling me as I looked for taxi.

Before I could even try, I was captured by 3 men in suits. I don't need to ask who's behind this, it's pretty much Dean Alessandro and his minions.

They dropped me right in front of my house and they don't want to leave until I get inside.

"Call your boss, I want to speak with him." I said as J crossed my arms. They obeyed me and gave me his phone.

"What Danielle?"

"You really have to be like this huh?" I asked.

"I'm not your baby sitter." He said in a cold tone.

"Who ask you to be one? Don't be ridiculous!" I hissed.

"You should stop showing up on my work place, I don't have time to play around with you." He said and ended the call. I gave the phone back and decided to walk into my house.

I decided to dial Luka.

"Hello."

"Luka!" I squealed.

"Danielle?"

"Yeah! Where are you now?"

"I'm in Berlin, where are you?"

"I just got home 2 days ago." I said as I walked into my room.

"You're bothering Dean right away huh?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Who else would I bother if it's not him?"

"I'm going to Italy in 3 days, meet you by then?"

"Sure!"

"Can't wait to see you, little one." I ended the call and laid on my bed.

Dean Alessandro

I just got out from a long surgery and I'm planning to go straight to the headquarters because I have a lot of work to do since ILLICIT only has me now.

I took a shower and changed into my comfortable clothes. I walked out from my officr and again Danielle is here.

She should have extend her contract in America.

"Danielle, how many times-"

"Have dinner with me.."

"No."

"Are you for real?" She asked as she slipped her arms to my waist hugging me.

"Deannnnn."

"Danielle, I'm tired. I swear.."

"It's been years, how can you do this to me?" She started to cry loudly and people were looking at me completely judging.

"Danielle!"

"How could you do this to me?" She cried more.

"Fine! Fine!" I hissed and she stopped that second. She grabbed my hand holding it tightly and pulled me out from the hospital.

"Where's your car key? I'm driving." She said and I took it out from my pocket. She took it and ran to my car.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I got into the car.

"My apartment." She said.

"We're eating outside, Danielle." I said and she shook her head.

"Dean, who hurt you? You used to listen to me very well.." She turned to me and I looked at her disbelief.

"Just trust me, I cook the best pasta in town." She smirked and proceed to drive out from the hospital. I put my seatbelt on and closed my eyes as I leaned my head back.

"Luka will come to Italy in two days, let's have dinner together."

"I can't, I have to go to London." I said truthfully.

"I thought you're going to be so excited to see me but it hurts me to see you don't want me to be around you."

"I'm just busy these days, your presence is bothering me." I said and she chuckled.

"Funny, Dean. It's really funny for someone who can't let me go to the US around 8 years ago or maybe almost 9 years ago." She said and I sighed. I'm not in the mood to debate with her.

"Everything changes, Danielle."