Chapter 15 - Maybe

Danielle Leone

The reason why I decided to come back after 8 years is because I know ILLICIT already have 3 members leaving Dean. I know who Phoenix, Adrian, Angelo and Chance pretty well. I know Lana, Leah, Dakota and Aria too.

After Angelo left, I decided to go back because I know.. once there's no one standing in ILLICIT, chaos will come.

Lycan and Dante knew about this and already planning to sell what they have to the Russians which will cause more chaos in the world.

In order to get the bad guy, you have to blend in.

After a year in America, I got a lot of files from Parker. It triggered my memories back and I remembered it clearly when Denada died in my arms. I went through thay traumatic event again but this time Dean is not beside me.

I had to struggle with it alone.

Then.. I got the news that Parker passed away.

And again.. I had to get through it alone. I know by hiding and pretending that I don't know shit will somehow make Dean more in the safe spot but when I knew Angelo is going to leave ILLICIT. Immediately arranged my retirement.

I'm not letting Dean getting through this alone.

Besides.. all of this started with Parker. I want to end it before it hurts other people.

Dean Alessandro

I turned to Danielle who's sleeping beside me. I guess she's my one and only hope now. She told me about her plan earlier and there's no way that she wants to do it all alone.

We both need to help each other since we are.. indeed the original ILLICIT. We were the one who started it.

What breaks my heart is that.. Parker did want to die. After losing Denada, he lost hope and I never knew he wanted to die so bad that he's willing step in front of me taking the bullet.

Parker and Denada are the perfect definition of a match made in heaven. They're so in love and Denada was the one who changed Parker. He was the one who wanted to rule Europe and ruined people's lives but after Denada gave him the understanding, he changed. That's why I was once an evil person, but I want to fix it and try not to hurt others. Denada was like a big sister to Danielle too. Denada was shot and stabbed to dead and she took her last breath in Danielle's arms.

It was tragic and Parker was not in a great state.

He was losing himself and that's why he told me not to settle down knowing the risk and how painful it is to see the person that we love die or hurt.

Parker knew about my relationship with Danielle. I was just realizing my feelings when it all went down. Imagine the trauma that I was facing, I don't even have the guts to talk to Danielle knowing this woman has power over me.

I got up from the bed and went downstairs to my security room. I went back to the footages of 8 years and 7 years ago.

Thinking about it made me feel.. something was not right.

I was there for hours and I heard Danielle calling my name. I went out and she was crying. I quickly pulled her into my arms.

"Did you have a nightmare?" I asked as I kneeled in front of her. She shook her head.

"I was looking for you."

"Sorry, I was.. checking some footage." I said and she wiped her tears.

"What footage?"

"Denada's death and Parker's."

"Why?" She asked.

"Somethings not right after hearing that Parker was indeed having suicidal thoughts."

"What do you mean?"

"It's impossible for him wanting to die, I'm pretty sure he knew what will happen if he dies." I said.

"But he took the bullet for you."

"Thinking about it again. He did but.." I paused and grabbed her hand pulling her to the security room. I showed her the footage and she kept replaying again and again.

"But you saw him.. bleeding and dying in front of you?" She asked and I nodded.

"Of course."

"Are you saying that?"

"That's impossible though.. there's no way that he's still alive." I said shaking my head.

"Do you want to know something?" She asked and I turned to her.

"What?"

"When Parker sent me letters, it was written. We both know his handwritting but.. the last 2 letters were typed. I didn't think much of it because he did send people to personally give it to me when I'm racing."

"So.. what are you saying for this?"

"Someone knew that I was not.. having amnesia. Someone between us knew but I don't know who's fooling who now." She sighed.

"Shit." I hissed.

"What should we do?"

"We have to go to the headquarters tomorrow."

"But isn't that risky for me to go? We both are being watched by a lot of people.. including the ex-ILLICIT members." I nodded.

"How about this?" She looked at me with those eyes.

"No."

"Dean, I haven't even.. say a word."

"No! I know that look!"

"No, listen to me.."

"Danielle, I'm not agreein to any of your stupid plans." I said as I got up from my seat. I walked out grabbing a bottle of wine.

"Dean, hear me out."

"NO!" I bursted angrily at her and she was so shocked that she took a step back.

"Can.. can you please.. please.. I beg you.. I beg you Danielle.. please just take a step back and let me do this?"

"Dean, you-"

"Now, I only have you. Please.. if I lose you.. I would die like Parker, I would die. That's the end game.." I looked straight into her eyes.

"They won't kill me but they won't hesitate to kill you." I added.

"Fine." She said as she walked to me. She took the bottle of wine away from my hand and sat on the kitchen table.

"You really need to have a little faith in me." She said as she pulled me closer. I stood between her legs and she smiled.

"It's not that I don't have faith in you."

"I don't want to risk any more lives. I got rid of the boys and I have to prevent you from doing so.. just stand on the side.. it will be enough." I said and she caressed my cheek. She the cupped my face and kissed me slowly.

"You'll listen to me right?"

"Maybe."