Chapter 55 - A New Chapter of Life

Declan Serano

"Danielle, please.. I beg you stop running like a mad woman." I said as I held her tightly because she's been acting like a kid going from one thing to another.

I'm regretting my decision on bring her to the zoo now.

"Declan!" She whined as she tried to get away from me.

"You're pregnant for godsakes!" I said and she glared at me. I let her go slowly and let her look at the penguins. I held her hand not letting her go because she will go jumping and running around like a kangaroo.

I'm currently in the stage where I'm the happiest. I never thought I would be this happy. I have a wife and a kid who is still in her belly. I have awesome family and bestfriends around me.

I feel loved and I just living my best life right now.

Not only that but being back in the medical field just hits different. I love my job as someone who creates weapons and technologies but being a doctor is a whole new level. Helping people and just seeing their smile after giving a good news is just.. priceless.

After going around the zoo for three hours, Danielle wanted to go home. Simba and Koda were sleeping beside her and I have installed a camera to check on her every now and then. After dropping her, I decided to go to the headquarters. I have to finalized some work.

"Where are you going?" I asked as Damien ran out from the lift.

"I will tell you later!" He said and he just left. I went down to the lab and saw Edmund currently working on his new project.

"Hey." He turned to me.

"How is it going?" I asked as I grabbed my lab coat.

"Slowly but.. getting there." He said and I walked to the computer putting my code. The shelf opened and I grabbed my new laser that almost perfect.

"What's with Damien? He was running out like a mad man.." I asked as I grabbed my protection glasses.

"I don't know if you know this but.. that guy was married." That made me turn to him. I raised my eyebrows and slowly put my project down.

"He's married?"

"I mean.. he got married secretly and then got divorced not long after that."

"Don't tell me.."

"What?" Even Edmund put his project down.

"It's Serena Clements?"

"How? How do you know that?" Edmund was shocked that I knew about it.

"I went to Andorra to give mother a present like a few months ago. I didn't tell anyone about it and when I was driving towards the house, I saw Damien and her fighting in the car. The fact that she was the doctor who.. checked on Danielle's pregnancy."

"Well.. seeing his marriage crumbling down. I guess not all marriage works."

"He divorced her?" I asked.

"The other way around."

"She has a kid." I said and Edmund looked at me like he saw a ghost.

"How old is the kid?"

"I don't know. Danielle asked and she said she has a kid and Danielle even suspect that she's pregnant. I swear Danielle needs to stop observing people too much." I shook my head. When I turned to Edmund, he was already on his phone.

"Damien, Declan said Serena has a kid." With that Edmund ran out. What is happening? I decided to let them do their thing.

I started finalizing my project and then I will send this to the inspection team tomorrow. I walked out from the lab and grabbed a can of beer from the pantry. I went up to the rooftop and surprisingly I found the 4 boys there.