Chapter 10 - Evil

Danielle Leone

"Happy birthday!" Dante hugged me tightly.

"Thank you!"

"Happy birthday, my little one!" Lycan pulled me away from Dante to hug me.

"Thank you!"

"Here." I turned to see Matteo holding a big black box for me. I squealed and opened it right away. He gave me limited edition bag. I looked at him disbelief.

"Judging by her reaction, you succeed in surprising her." Lycan said and I hugged Matteo.

"Happy birthday, Danielle!"

"Don't forget about me.." I turned to Luka and I hugged him. I told all of them to sit down because we're having lunch together.

"Where's Dean?" Lycan asked.

"He can't come, he has to perform a surgery." I said as I grabbed my glass of wine.

"I'm really curios.. where do you all hide Parker at?" I hissed as I looked at the glass wine.

"Danielle, he will come back to us when it's time. That's why you're in charge now." Dante said and I turned to him.

"Do you remember when Parker told you that you have to take over if he's not around?" Dante asked and I nodded.

"So.. that's why you should take over. How about we really make ILLICIT happen?" Lycan asked.

"I agree but.. where should we start?" I asked.

"When you're still in the US, Parker handed the power to Dean. How about you ask him?" Lycan said and I nodded.

"Right. I have to talk to Dean later about it. We really have to operate ILLICIT now. I can't wait to get with our original plans!" I said as I grabbed a piece of bread.

"The faster we gather together, the faster we can rule Europe." Lycan added and I nodded.

"Don't worry, I'll handle Dean. You guys leave it to me but first.. where's the nuclear code that Parker made?" I asked as I looked at the four men in front of me.

"I want that, I want to continue to make it." I said and Dante smirked.

"I'll give it to you once we gather as an ILLICIT." Dante said and I nodded.

"Don't worry! I'm excited to build it."

Dean Alessandro

I threw my scrubs into the washing bin and changed into my clothes. I'm done for the day after performing two big surgeries. I planned to eat on the korean restaurant right behind the hospital before going home and rest. 

I walked out from my office and found Danielle already waiting for me.

This time.. something is different about her. Her eyes were different and she smiled widely.

"So.. aren't you going to .. wish me a happy birthday? It's 20 minutes before midnight." She said as she checked her watch.

"Happy birthday, Danielle." I said and she chuckled. She walked towards me and gave me a peck on my lips.

"Thankyou, Dean. You're the best."

"You need to go home, it's late. Did you drink a lot?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No, you know I can't drink a lot. Matteo stopped me from drinking a lot." She said as she linked her arm to mine.

"Let's go to your house."

"I'm going to eat first."

"Oh! I'm so down, I'm hungry too." We both walked to the back of the hospital and walked into a 24 hours Korean restaurant. We ordered a big portion of jjigae and some meat. I asked them to grill in their kitchen so we can talk.

"Dean." I looked up to her.

"What?"

"I'm going to continue ILLICIT but this time. We will go big.. until no one can't stop us." I raised my eyebrows. That bastards must try to convince her to do so.

"The nuclear code that Parker made last time, I want to continue it." She added and I can feel my whole body froze. I looked at her disbelief.

"Danielle, I don't think I will agree to that."

"Why not? Parker made it for a reason.." It was one of his mistakes. He should not have made it. I'm blaming the genius genes that they have in their families.

"No, Danielle. I'm not letting you make it."

"Dean, come on! We agreed to this."

"No one has agree to this except you and Lycan! Parker never wanted to continue it!" I bursted angrily and I turned around to see a lot of people lokoking at me weirdly.

"If you really want to do this, I swear you won't like it what I will do to you." If she really insisted on making nuclear, I will kill her. I will eventually kill her. She needs to die with that evil genius brain of hers.

"I don't like this side of you, Dean." She said as she sighed.

"You used to be as cruel as me, that's why I think you and I are more than partners in crime." She's right. I was cruel and evil but.. I realized it late. It was a mistake and I'm redeeming myself right now.

"No, Danielle. I don't agree to this."

"I'll think about it if you join me and be a part of ILLICIT." She said looking at me completely dead serious.

"Danielle."

"It's either you join me and try to change my mind or.. you can just let me rule without you." I sighed hearing it.

"Luka, Lycan, Matteo and Dante already in. They told me that you already made a headquarters in London, Italy, France and even Greece." Shit.

"I want you to show me."

"Danielle, you don't understand.. why I don't want to operate this with them."

"I know Parker trusted you to be the leader of ILLICIT but you're only temporary, Dean. I was suppose to be the leader.." She said completely pissed.

"I don't like this, Danielle. I really don't like this version of you." I said looking straight into her eyes.

"I don't like this version of Dean either. I really fell in love with the wrong person. I should have chose Lycan back then."

"We're an ILLICIT member, Dean. We're not the Gold Lifes member who are dumb enough to use power for goods. You know what ILLICIT means right? It was meant for us.." She smirked.