Chapter Six. Bootcamp

"Hey y'all! Did everybody like that last clip?"

A chorus of yeses ring out across the theater.

"This next clip is of little Steve again"

Sam and Bucky bust out laughing. Tony is about to make an inappropriate joke but Pepper somehow (likely through osmosis) just punches his arm and sends him a glare and he shuts his mouth before it was even all the way open.

"This shows why he was picked for the Super Soldier Program and also how he was treated before he got the serum."

Steve just groans and everyone looks at him curiously. Wondering why he would react that way. It couldn't have been that bad.

In actuality, Steve just didn't want to deal with the grenade thing. Oh and seeing Peggy again. He may have moved on and started to like someone else but Peggy will always have a special place in his heart.

*clip starts*

At a US training camp. Steve stands in line with others.

Peggy Carter: Recruits, attention! Gentlemen, I'm Agent Carter. I supervise all operations for this division.

Bucky reaches over to rub Steve's back for a second. Just to provide a little comfort from seeing Peggy again.

Gilmore Hodge: What's with the accent, Queen Victoria? Thought I was signing up for the U.S. Army.

All of the females roll their eyes at this point but Carol especially is done with this guy already.

Peggy Carter: What's your name, soldier?

Gilmore Hodge: Gilmore Hodge, your Majesty.

Peggy Carter: Step forward, Hodge.

Nat smirks because she knows this cannot end well for Hodge.

Hodge steps forward, smirking.

Peggy Carter: Put your right foot forward.

Gilmore Hodge: Mmm... We gonna wrassle? Cause I got a few moves I know you'll like.

Peggy punches him hard in the face, knocking him to the ground.

Everyone busts out laughing and Carol leads everyone in a round of applause for Peggy.

Col.Phillips drives up.

Col. Phillips: Agent Carter.

Peggy Carter: Colonel Phillips.

Col. Phillips: I see you're breaking in the candidates. That's good! Get your ass up out of that dirt and stand in that line at attention 'til somebody comes tells you what to do.

Hodge quickly follows orders and stands to attention.

Gilmore Hodge: Yes, sir.

Col. Phillips addresses the new recruits.

Col. Phillips: General Patton has said that wars are fought with weapons but they are won by men. We are going to win this war because we have the best men...

He sees Rogers and continues talking, though he does change his words.

Col. Phillips: And because they're gonna get better. Much better.

Everyone in the theater laughs because well he did. Steve is right in front of them for proof that he did get much much better.

Col. Phillips: The Strategic Scientific Reserve is an Allied effort made up of the best minds in the free world. Our goal is to create the best army in history. But every army starts with one man. At the end of this week we will choose that man. He will be the first in a new breed of super-soldiers.