34. The quest for answers.

Start from the beginning

Nothing much is in there. It's all little things that were so close to our hearts.

Moving on to the kitchen, there will not be a lot of coffee powder 'cause I like tea. But I think there might be some in the third cupboard with things like spices I never used because I hate spicy food. Then, the counter cabinet has some tools, electronic supplies, and maybe some glass pots I like to keep. There's a glass container that has keys and bottle openers in it. It has a key with a mint choco ice cream chain on it. It goes for the third drawer in the cabinet and there will be an empty bottle of Risin there. The reason.

The password is taetaebangtan95

(If anyone reading this)
.
.
.

Happy hunting!

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

It was like a mission. Starting from the small cupboards, finding the keys, searching through the drawers, and discovering his answers. Jeongguk was like a man on a mission. His body was energetic, he was hyped up to hunt down what Taehyung told him to find. - this is the last hint left for Jeongguk. Whatever is left in 221, it's time to explore that too.

Jeongguk stood up from the bed, walked towards the cupboard. The lavender scent of Taehyung's clothes and perfumes hit his nerves. The clothes hide a secret cupboard as Taehyung said. But Jeongguk never thought of moving them, replacing or touching anything of Taehyung's things. And that's why he left the cupboard untouched, clothes unmoved at that time when they investigating at 221.

He moved the clothes and found three drawers behind them. The first one was open and he found the unicorn key, a box, and some chains in it. No other suspicious things in it. He took the unicorn key in his hand and opened the box.

The second drawer has accessories, rings, whale tail chain, earrings, pearls all of which Jeongguk assumes very expensive. By now he knows Taehyung had a thing for luxurious brands, especially Gucci. Unknowingly smiling at himself, Jeongguk searched through it. He got the piggy bank but didn't break. There was money- about three thousand Won, maybe Taehyung's salary. Jeongguk gently ran his fingers through them and stopped his hands to take out the ring box. It's a sapphire blue ring, sparkling softly yet brightly.  He didn't touch it, put it back where he got it.

Moving on to the third one, yes he got the passport. The photo of Taehyung was an old one. The boy was smiling brightly. It calmed his heart. He checked the details and found nothing. Taehyung hadn't traveled anywhere. There were his driving license, ID, and some Polaroids. Jeongguk let his eyes check them and then put them back.

Closing the cupboard and taking the unicorn key with him, Jeongguk crouched to the level of the small library near the nightstand. The books are arranged neatly. World classics to comics, romance to thriller, he knows Taehyung loved to read. Jeongguk bathed in the nostalgic scent of pages being trapped in it and picked the one Taehyung told. Metamorphosis by Kafka.

He flipped the pages. The book smells old. It seems like it is often read and there are underlined pages too. That's when Jeongguk stopped. Something is off. He stopped at page number sixty-three. Breath hitching, lungs filling with cold air, he felt suffocated. The pages from there were cut in the center as the shape of a box. There in the middle of the book, inside the pages, Taehyung hid his phone. Yes, his mobile phone.

Trembling, Jeongguk took it out. He checked without switching it on. iPhone X rose gold color, battery level Null. He took out his phone charger and plugged it on with Taehyung's phone. Jeongguk couldn't believe his eyes. Taehyung sure is clever. How the hell he got the idea to cut the pages of the book in his phone shape and hide it in it? In a book.