Chapter 67: Kyuseishu's Light

Your P.O.V

"Holy shit this is gonna be a rough landing!" "You guys will be fine, as soon as I'm right over Eren I want you to jump!" "What about you Onyonkopon!?" "It'll be rough, But I'll be ok" "Are we really doing this?" "Yep! So be ready to commit!" 

Watching the kids freak out wasn't the highlight of my day but they had to be prepared. Reiner and Pieck will transform so if anything he can always use our gear to connect to them if we don't catch Eren's bone cage with our ODM gear.

"We're approaching get ready!" As we opened the door, Zeke began to throw boulders at us. "That fucking monkey is here too!? Of course, this is great!" "Guys it's now or never!" "Now it is then! Stay safe Onyonkopon! Thank you for everything!" 

I was the first to take the leap of faith, and it didn't take the others long to follow suit. As Planned, Reiner and Pieck reached Eren before the rest of us, allowing us to anchor to them instead of Eren. "Everyone knows what to do?" 

"Yeah, but are we really doing this!?" "Yes, I have a feeling we can win without Killing Eren!" "Well if you guys can't do it, then I guess I will" I didn't understand what Pieck was getting at until she took off with the explosives in her mouth.

"Pieck no! Please wait!" "Let her go! We have bigger things to worry about!" Levi pointed to the hundreds of titans that had gathered around us. "Those aren't pure titans" "No! They must be the titans Kyuseishu were talking about!" 

"Huh!? These ones!? Really!?" "Yeah, they are all the versions of the nine titan shifters of the past! You guys need to get the hell away especially you Reiner! Armi..." My sentence was cut short when one of the titans took Armin hostage.

It used its weird tongue and wrapped Armin in it, taking him in his mouth. "Shit Armin!" "No! You stay here! There's no way we can do this without you! These titans are going to cause us some real trouble if we can't wipe them out!"

"Fine! Damn it! Get Armin and stay safe!" "You got it!" The others took off after Armin whereas Levi stayed behind, grabbing my attention. "The last time we split up it took four years for me to see you again, you better be here when I get back" "I will, I love you" "I love you too!"

he kissed the top of my head before taking off with the others, hoping to retrieve Armin without hurting him in the process. "Well Kyuseishu, we had a good run, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss you, thank you for protecting me for the past five years" 

Placing my pairing blades back into their slots, I channeled Kyuseishu's power through me. At first, I didn't think it was working, I felt normal. But I soon realized that it was when a large bright glowing orb emerged from my abdomen. "Here goes nothing, be free...Kyuseishu" 

Releasing the orb, it grew one hundred times in size and developed at least one-third of Eren's titan. I watched as all the titans trapped slowly began to dissipate. I could have sworn I saw the shifter's souls being liberated. The feeling inside was nothing but warm.

When the light disappeared I became light-headed. The world around me began to become blurry and my gear had become unhooked. It didn't take me long to realize I was falling and there was nothing I could do about it. 

I made a promise to Levi and yet here I was breaking it once again. Before losing consciousness I felt my back connected with something soft.

**********

The Void

Kyuseishu: (y/n)?

(y/n) opened her/his/their eyes to see she/he/they were inside of the void, with Kyuseishu.

(y/n): No! I used your power! You should be set free!"

Kyuseishu: You did, you were the one to set me free so I thought I'd thank you before I disappeared

(y/n): thank me? But why? If I were in your shoes I'd want to be free

Kyuseishu: Your kind soul is the reason I will finally be able to move on, so thank you from the bottom of my heart

(y/n): Your welcome, I'd be lying If I said I wouldn't miss you, you were always there, I don't know what to do without you

Kyuseishu: You'll be ok, this battle is coming to a close. Win this fight (y/n), remember you are strong 

(y/n): I know, you helped me realize that all those times ago before you go if you happen to go to that place, the great beyond I suppose, do you think you can carry on a message for me?

Kyuseishu: Of course, what is it?

(y/n): Tell everyone that's been watching over me that I'll be alright, I'll win this damn battle for them and continue to live, I'll keep their spirits alive

Kyuseishu: You got it, Thank you again (y/n), I'll see you again one day, I know it

(y/n): I'll make sure of it

(y/n) watched as a bright light developed the void, taking Kyuseishu with it. It hurt her/him/them to see Kyuseishu go, but she/he/they made a vow that she/he/they would continue to go on for all of those who watch over her/him/them, especially kyuseishu

The white light that took Kyuseishu returned and developed the void once more. As (y/n) was brought back to his/her/their body, she/he/they felt it disappear. The one place (y/n) knew best was now gone, along with the spirit that had first given her/him/them guidance throughout the entirety of the past four years.