Chapter 66: Goodbye

Levi's P.O.V

Walking through this damn ship with one eye is a task in itself. When I see that damned monkey I'm going to pay him back ten fold. Its bad enough every bone in my body still freaking hurts! Resting against the wall for a few seconds, Armin and (y/n) had came walking down the hall.

"Out and about already? You really should be resting captain!" "You still want me resting in a bed? Your gonna forget I even exist if I rest any longer" "Anyway that damned beard lady with the broken bone finally woke up, seem's she broke her fever" "You mean Yelena? We were on our way to go see her aswell"

"Let us help you then" "I can manage myself" "Alright seems were gonna have to do this the hard way" (y/n) walked over to me, and lifted my left arm, drapping it over her/his/their shoulder. "Armin get on the other side" "Alright"

Damn them, they knew I didnt have much strength to begin with. When I was back to normal they were both getting ass kickings. "I'll join, I have nothing else better to do" Looking up, the cart titan, Pieck I think her name was stopped in front of us.

"You have buisness with beardy aswell?" "Yeah, you could say that" "Were glad to have you, lets get going" 

Your P.O.V

"Fort Slava?" "Yeah, thats where Eren is headed" "But why?" "Thats where the weapons to take down the titans are, its his second plan of attack" "We have to take him down! I'm not going to let Eren run rampage"

"We all feel the same as you do" "Just at least admit one thing to me, Zeke may have lost but his plan was the only one that could offer a fix to the eldian problem" "Yeah, your right there, we were all powerless" 

**********

"How's it looking boys?" "Good, the boat is almost ready to go" "Good! We should be able to get this thing going in no time!" "Yeah, hopefully Onyonkopon has this down" "I have faith in him, he has pulled through for you guys more times than you can count right?"

"Yeah, he was the one who convinced Yelena to let us out" "Exactly so have faith!" I slapped Jean's back causing Reiner and Connie to laugh. It reminded me of the times in the scouts, four years ago that is.

Before we learned Reiner and Berthodlt were the traitors and before life went to all hell. My remeniscing came to a halt when I heard gun shots coming from behind me. Floch (who was soaked and looked exhausted) had put holes in the gas tank, ruining the flying boat.

"Shit!" "Floch god damn it!" Before I had time to react Mikasa was on the case, sinking her ODM hook into Floch. She pulled it out and Floch dropped to the floor. His last words were "we need our devil" 

No one really paid attention to it all, instead our focus was on the tank. "How long will it take to fix?" "If we use steel an hour at most!" "Well you better hope that..." My sentence was cut short when loud footsteps echoed throughout the port.

"Shit, there's no way!" Running outside with the others, we watched as the rumbling got closer. "Damn it! We don't have an hour" "They know that, they might improvise but we have to stall till then, I'll use my titan" "No! We need you! I'll do it"

"No neither you (Reiner) nor Armin will do it, I'm not wasting our titan resources anymore! I'll do it" What!? "No Hange! I can die and ressurect! I'll do it" "You can't they are gonna need you more than me" "They need their commander! Not their co-captain!" "They will though"

"Huh?" I didnt understand what Hange meant until she named Armin the fifteenth commander of the scouts. It took us all by surprise. "Oh, that means Levi and (y/n) are your suboordinates now, so don't be afraid to work them to the bone!"

"Well, I'm off, see you!" And with that Hange took off and I followed suit. When I reached them again, they were talking to Levi. It didn't take a genius to notice that he was giving them his seal of approval. I didn't dare to interrupt, they had been friends for so long now anyways.

"Levi, we should head back to the others" "Yeah" Helping him back, we watched as Hange took out two of the colossal titans. They weren't lying when they said they could handle it. "Hey! Your good to go!!" "Get going!!"

With the help of Armin, Connie, Jean and Reiner we were able to fly. The last thing we saw before taking off was Hange's body erupting into flames. "See you later, Hange"

**********

The ride to Fort Slava was quiet, until Pieck and Levi spoke up. "We had an idea, the two of us" "What is it?" "If we can find zeke and kill him, we think we can stop the rumbling" Thinking about it, I thought back to what Kyuseishu said to me all that time ago.

"That may work, but I have an ace up my sleeve if it doesnt" "What is it?" "Kyuseishu's light, it gives me the power to annihilate a big lot of titans, he said it would be important for the final battle, all you titan shifters have to steer clear though ok?" 

"Yeah we will" "But what about Eren? He is in that colossal skeleton that captain Levi and pieck saw" "We blow up his nape with the explosives and break him out, easy as that, he can't do much if the rumbling is stopped" "Think about it, Eren has the power to stop titan abilities but he is letting us use our freely"

"He wants us to stop him, thats why we haven't had our powers stripped away, as much as I hate to admit it, he wants us to end this all" Armin and I looked to Reiner as he said this. He truly was 

"Your right but..." Armin was cut off mid-sentence when we all appeared in paths. "Wait is this what I think this is?" "If we're here that means Eren is letting us talk to him!" "EREN! YOU CAN STOP NOW! YOU'VE DONE MORE THAN ENOUGH DAMAGE! NO ONE WILL DARE TO TOUCH PARADIS FOR AT LEAST A FEW HUNDRED YEARS!!"

Armin's begging was getting him nowhere, I had a gut feeling Eren didnt call us here to talk, I think this is his final goodbye. I found out that I was right when he explained he doesnt wish to stop and that we were free to act of our own accord. The only way he would stop if we were to kill him ourselves.

Today was the day where I had to say goodbye to two people I loved most in this cruel world.