Chapter 54: The Horrible Truth

Levi's P.O.V

 "Nothing's changed, nothing at all, the only thing to make this better if Erwin would say something to you Levi, where is he by the way?" The mood in the room took a complete turn when (y/n) asked me about Erwin. I almost forgot she/he/they wasn't/weren't there when the choice had to be made.

An awkward silence was present in the room and Armin looked like he was going to cry again, yet this time it wouldn't be tears of joy but that of regret. "He's dead, isn't he" "Yes, he led the final charge that allowed me to take care of Zeke at the time" "Oh, he finally did it huh" (Y/n) lowered her/his/their head.

I could tell she/he/they wanted to cry. "He could have lived, it was my fault (y/n)" When Armin spoke up, (y/n) looked at him. "What do you mean?" "Both Erwin and I were on the brink of death and the syringe was used on me, so if your gonna be mad, be mad at me, I know how much Erwin meant to you and I was chosen over him, It should have been him, not me"

The more Armin went on about how he should have died, the angrier (y/n) got, it wasn't until Armin flew across the room till we understood the severity of the situation. "Is that what you wanted? For someone to lash out at you? In the end, Levi made the final decision, and he chose you, it was a shame he had to pick in the first place but I'm not angry you were chosen Armin, I'm angry that you think it's a mistake!"

"But..." "But nothing! Armin, I love Erwin don't get me wrong, but you are like my frigin child! I feel the same about Connie, Sasha, Mikasa, Jean, and Eren as well! If he would have been here instead of you, my heart would have broke in half!" Armin, as well as the other kiddos, stared at (y/n) when she/he/they said that.

(Y/n) stole the words right from my mouth. We were our own little family in a way. "So please, get that stupid idea out of your head! We need you, Armin!" "I'm so sorry!" (Y/n) helped Armin up off the floor and pulled him into a hug seconds after.

"No need, just promise to keep living your life to the fullest without regret alright?" "Alright," They stayed like that for a few minutes before pulling away. "Hange? Are you gonna come say Hi or not?" Oh shit, Hange hasn't moved, have they?

"Hey, four-eyes! Move!" Snapping out of it Hange accepted (y/n)'s embrace when she/he/they offered, and just like before they held onto (y/n) tight. "I hate to break up this reunion but I have to get back, Zeke has been keeping a watchful eye on me and I can't let him know that I have my memories back"

"No need" "Huh?" "Zeke is supposedly on our side, if anything I'm sure he knows you have your memories back but don't say anything unless he asks, the raid on Liberio is happening in three days time, on the day of a tall marliean solider will come to fetch you, and the other two warriors, she was instructed to drop them in the trap and bring you back to us"

"Why can't I just come off my own accord?" "It has to seem believable, many people will be watching so you'll play along, we'll have your new uniform and ODM gear so be prepared for that" "But captain! Is (y/n) gonna know how to use it!?" "Of course, it's (y/n), I'm sure she/he/they will figure it out"

"If it's the rig Kenny and His elite MPs use then I'm already well versed, if we have new uniforms can I still have my survey corp cape?" "Yes, I'll bring it" "Alright sounds like a plan! I really should get going, have to keep up appearances and all, I'll see you all soon, and then we can go home"

"Yeah" (y/n) hugged everyone one last time before stopping in front of me. "When you and I get home, you owe me big time, got it?" "Sure love" she/he/they kissed me once more before leaving. It was hard watching her/him/them walk away, but I knew in three days' time that (y/n) would be back with us for good.

Your P.O.V

Slipping out of the building undetected was easy, but making it back was where I failed epically. As I went to board the train I was ambushed by Pieck, Reiner, and Pok, it was convenient that Zeke wasn't with them.

"(Y/n)!? Where have you been!? We've been looking all over for you!" Shit, I needed to act disoriented, there was no way they would believe me if I wasn't. So I gave Pok the best "I'm not sure where the hell I am" look before speaking up. "I'm, not... sure, everything is fuzzy" "What were you doing last before you ended up here?"

"I was with Pok and then I wasn't when I realized where I was the sun had already set and I was looking out at the sea" "All the way in Marley!?" "Yeah, crazy right?" "Definitely, let's get you back to Liberio ok?" "Yeah, mind if I rest on your lap? I'm really tired"

"Not at all, let's go" Pok held onto me and helped me on the train, with Pieck and Reiner following close by. When we boarded the train Pok and I took one seat while Pieck and Reiner took the other. "Where's the war chief?" "Out with Commander Magath" "Oh" "Don't worry, once we're back In Liberio we will get you checked out"

"Ok, that sounds good" I looked across to Reiner and Pieck and gave them the best smile I had. "Thank you for coming to look for me" "Of course! Your my best friend (y/n), I can't always rely on those two idiots now can I?" "Definitely not"

It sucked that I had to front. Especially with Pok, he wasn't a terrible person, none of them were. They were brainwashed at a young age and grew up with messed-up morals. If things could have been different then maybe I could have called them true friends.