Chapter 23: The Beast Titan

Your P.O.V
30 minutes, that's how long it took me to get to the edge of Wall Rose in the pitch black, I'm surprised Maximus didn't pass out from all the riding we did, my noble steed is truly something else.

"Don't worry Maximus, I'll find you something to drink" petting him as I made my way around him, I managed to find a torch but how I was going to light it was another question in itself. Good thing the moon made its way out from behind the clouds or else I would have been screwed.

There wasn't any water around so I took my personal canister and poured some into my hands, allowing Maximus to drink from them. "I know it isn't much bud but I'll try to see if I can find more, for now, though you have plenty of hay" he made an odd sound before I ventured off into the castle. I wonder what that was all about.

After ten minutes of exploring I heard the door to the floor, I was on starting to open. Drawing my blades, I stood off to the side ready to defend myself against whatever the hell was about to make its way in. The door opened a human hand was the first to make it through, jumping in front of the door I found myself directing my blade at Nanaba.

"Holy shit (l/n)! You almost scared me half to death what the hell are you doing here!?" "I could ask the same of you! Why didn't you guys travel back to the wall? Did you find the breach?" "No we didn't and we came to rest we are all exhausted" she points behind her where the 104th, Gelgar and a few of the other scouts were standing.

"Well come In, the castle is secure I happened to do a sweep not too long before you all arrived" "That saves us time, let's go everyone, this part of the castle is middle ground so we can retreat either way if need be" I moved out of the way with Nanaba and watched as they all filed in, unloading their stuff.

"On your ride here you didn't run into any titans?" "No, even in the pitch dark there weren't any titans" "Jeez what are we gonna do?" "I say we rest for a few hours and then get the hell out of here, the recent recruits have no gear and you guys can only do so much running off no sleep" "I guess you have a point there"

Nanaba stood in front of everyone when they settled down, getting their attention. "Listen up, we're gonna rest for a few hours and then head out, we don't want to stay here for too long, we'll take shifts being lookout, you new recruits will stay put, (y/n) your job is to protect them" "Yes mam!"

I walked over to Connie and sat next to him. He had a dull look on his face like something was eating at him. "Connie, what's wrong?" "My village, all the people were gone" "Gone?" "Yes, they were all gone, all but one it was on top of my house and it reminded me of my mom" "Connie I told you to let that go"

Let it go? Why would Reiner tell him to forget about it and let it go? Something isn't right here, why would they...

I was able to quickly refocus myself when Ymir erupted into a fit of laughter. "Oh, honey! That has to be the stupidest shit I've ever heard! Your mom a titan? If that's the case that means dear old dad is too and well you know how the rest goes from there!" "HAHA! ALRIGHT, I GET IT JUST GO TO SLEEP!"

Connie turned away from us all and laid down, trying to put his mind at ease. I have no idea what he had to go through, but I know loss all too well. "You heard him! You kiddos should get some rest, we're bound to head out after" Reiner, Christa and Bertholdt didn't hesitate to grab some shut-eye were as Ymir did.

When I was sure the others had fallen asleep I pointed at Ymir and motioned for her to follow me. She was hesitant at first but eventually gave in, following me down to the next floor. "If your gonna ravish me I'll have to pass, I'm trying to keep myself pure for Christa" "Haha very funny, listen I need to ask you something but you have got to be honest" "Sure, what is it?" "Your name, is it common? I feel as if I've heard it somewhere before"

When I said this she gave me this look and then shrugged. "I guess it is, my hometown had a few Ymir's when I lived there, maybe that's where you heard it from" "It must be a mountain village because I grew up in Trost and I've never heard that name there" "It is" "Thanks for being honest, it's just been driving me crazy" "No problem, I'm going to go scrounge up something to eat, want anything?"

"No, I'm good but thank you for the offer" we both made our way back but I headed straight to the top to get some air. Ymir didn't seem to be lying to me, I would have known, I should give her the benefit of the doubt. "Holy shit that thing is huge!"

That was the first thing I heard when I reached the top of the tower. At first, I was confused, until I turned my head to the right and watched as a 17-meter tall beast titan made its way to Wall Rose, bringing along a group of titans with him. "Shit! Go wake everyone we got company!"

Drawing my blades once more I counted the number of titans that had begun to make their way over to us. One..two..nine..eleven...

Damn it! There were too many to count! How were they moving at night? I thought we had the upper hand but I was wrong! We were royally screwed in epic proportions! For everyone to come out of this alive were going to need a miracle. No, we were going to need Kyuseishu.