Chapter 101

I turned on the lights to see our final enemy. The worst one of all. Bree. It had been over a year since we had seen her last, but her reign of torture still was destroying our lives.

Her hair was longer than the last time we saw her, but her eyes still had the same vengeful glare locked down.

She was standing over Melody's crib. She scooped the baby in her arms.

"Get away from her!" Bayne darted towards her. With a flick of her arm, she sent Bayne flying backwards, destroying the nursery bookshelf. The books flew everywhere. Her eyes didn't part from the baby. I dodged after her. She attempted to shoot a spell at me, but it did nothing.

"Please. Put her down. She's done nothing." I pleaded to the witch.

I was afraid to tackle Bree while she was holding Melody.

"Erin. I can't move." Bayne said, like he was frozen to the ground.

"Please. She has nothing to do with our fight." I said.

"He's right, Bree. Let her go." Bayne said.

"It has EVERYTHING to do with her. She was supposed to be my monster. My perfect creation to rip you from the inside out. But there's nothing monstrous about her. How did you do it?" She said. Melody's cries had gotten louder.

"Don't you dare hurt a single hair on her head!" Bayne said.

"Or what? You'll kill me? You've tried finding me for a year. You, are just not killable, Bayne. I don't understand. I've tried so many attempts at emotionally destroying you before killing you, and you're still here."

She pointed to me.

"And you. The savior boyfriend. It was supposed to be YOU. YOU were supposed to be ripped from the inside with my demon. Imagine helpless Bayne, watching the love of his life die such a painful death, and not able to do a damn thing about it. But, my magic didn't work on you for some reason. I assume Raven figured out some type of spell to protect you. That's sweet of her. She was always the nice one. But I already had magic in Bayne. It made it much easier to possess him with the demon."

"She is no demon now. She's no use to you. Please, put the baby down." I said.

Bayne attempted to break free from Bree's invisible clutches, but it wasn't possible. Bree used Bayne to pick him up, and toss him into me.it caused both of us to fall on the floor.

"Don't you think she looks a lot like Finn?" Bree said.

Raven sprinted in from up the stairs.

"Raven! It's nice of you to join us."

"Bree. Let the baby go, and let's talk about this like adults." Raven said.

"I don't think so, bestie." She knocked Raven down with a spell. Bree approached the window.

"Don't kill her!" I pleaded with her, returning on my feet.

"Kill her? I need her. I'm going to use her to bring back Finn."

"What?" Bayne's eyes widened.

"Bree, you know resurrection spells are forbidden. They're forbidden for a reason. They always come with a terrible cost. It's not worth it."

"I DON'T GIVE A DAMN! Finn is all that matters! HE got him killed! A life for a life!" Bree spewed.

Raven broke free of Bree's clutches and shot a spell at her lower legs. It caused Bree to collapse on her knees. I rushed over and scoop Melody from her evil clutches.