Chapter 15

We left my residence hall and began to walk through campus. Students were walking in every direction, mainly heading back from their classes. Campus was small. We walked towards the large otter statue that welcomed students to campus. Near that was a water fountain that was off for the majority of the year.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm fine. My leg hurts a bit, but nothing too bad." She said.

"Should you be walking? You had stitches in it right?"

"It's probably fine."

"No, it's not." I stopped her and sat by the fountain.

"Your cousin Bayne explained what happened. Well, he's not really your cousin, is he? Thought something was weird when your 'cousin' showed up, even though a few days before you said your aunt and uncle didn't have any kids." She said.

"I'm truly sorry, Nadine. I don't remember it. That's not an excuse, I'm just afraid I'll hurt you again."

"I know. It wasn't you. You didn't even have your eyes." She said.

"It's terrifying. It's like waking up from a nightmare. Only, it isn't a nightmare. It's real. I hurt people. I needed to keep my distance from you guys just in case."

"Never keep your distance from me. You could've told me." She put her arm on my shoulder.

"You wouldn't have believed me. But I guess that would've been better than seeing it for yourself." I lowered my head.

"Don't feel guilty about it. I know you didn't mean it." She said.

"I still hurt people. Bayne is going to help me find a way to turn back, but it won't be easy."

"So you're staying?" Her eye lids raised.

"No, not exactly. I need to go up north to meet with a wolf pack. Apparently Bayne knows someone who could help."

"I'm going with." She said strongly.

"No, you can't. You could get hurt again. I could hurt you again. Why don't you understand that?"

"I don't care. I'm not losing you again. I'll stay away from you at night, I promise. You can't keep me away."

Nadine was stubborn. I knew she wasn't going to let it go.

"You can't go."

"I am going with you and I'm going to help you. Don't fight it. And when you are normal again, we will have that place I talked about. We'll have study sessions together and house parties. Doesn't that sound nice?"

I had to admit. It did. I didn't have many friends in high school, I always wanted a good friend. She was unbelievably loyal.

"It does. I'll tell Bayne you're coming with us. You need to be careful with that leg. You're going to tear open your stitches if you keep walking."

"I'm fine." She pushed herself off the bench.

"No. You're not. I can carry you."

"I don't think you could-."

I carefully scooped her up in my arms, avoiding any damage to her legs.

"You're stronger than I expected." She said.

"I guess changing into a wolf does that. It's weird."

I swong her on my back and gave her a piggy back ride. People on campus looked at us with confusion.

"People are looking at us weird." I observed.

"Who cares?" She said.

Once she got back to her dorm, I packed up my stuff. It was almost time for me to meet Bayne. The moon did come out. I turned, remembering nothing as always. Woke up naked. I wondered if there was a way to prevent that.

He tossed me clothes then looked away.

"Did I turn?" I asked.

"Yep. Didn't tear anyone's leg off this time, though. Good job." He said sarcastically, still facing the other direction.

I slipped on the clothes he had given me. He turned back towards me when I was done.

"We'll go to your dorm and you can get your stuff, we need to get there before dark." He said.

Bayne parked the car near the residence hall and I brought my stuff out front. Cole said nothing, I'm sure he'd be glad I'd be gone for a few days.

Nadine came out with a backpack and a purse. She approached the car.

"What do you think you're doing?" Bayne asked.

"Oh, yeah. She's coming with." I said.

"What? No she's not."

"Yes I am." She stepped in.

"It's too dangerous. You're just a human."

"I am Erin's friend. I'm going with. I want to help."

"How could you help? You can't."

"Bayne, please. She knows about our world, let her be apart of it."

I could tell Bayne was getting severely annoyed with me.

"Your dad won't be happy about this."

"Your dad?" Nadine asked.

"Oh yeah. My dad is alive and the leader of the wolf pack. No big deal. Anyway, he's my dad. I don't care. She is my friend and she's going."

Nadine's jaw dropped.

"You know what? Fine. Have fun explaining how she got those injuries."

I stopped and looked at her. Nadine's stitched leg was concealed, but her face was full of cuts and bruises.

"If he finds out you did that, he'll demand you back. And I can't disobey direct orders from him."

I thought about it for a moment. He was right. Nadine's injuries did appear to be from an attack. I had an idea.

"I know someone who can help. Let's get going."

Werewolf Bites (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara