Chapter 64

Bayne didn't wake up until noon. I had wondered if he was alive several times throughout the night. When he did wake up, he woke up screaming. I jumped to his side and caressed his hair.

"What's wrong? What happened?" I asked. He was breathing heavily. He was drenched in sweat.

"I saw her. I saw her." He kept repeating.

"Who?"

"Adolpha. I saw her praying. I saw her. I killed her. I tore her face off. I can see it. I can see pieces of her skin in my claws. It's coming back. I don't want it to come back!" He cried.

"It's alright Bayne, it wasn't you. I think it's time we go downstairs to see Romulus, is that okay?"

He reluctantly got up, still in his grey robe. His body coded in sweat and grime. His legs were still rubbery and stumbled down the stairs, but with a better grip than the day before. Romulus was in the healing room.

"Can you see Bayne?" I peaked my head in.

"Of course, bring him in."

Downstairs was a mess. There were beer cans everywhere, most of them crushed. Someone had even brought out a pong table. Cups that were almost empty scattered across the rooms. Most of them with a sip left of beer, whiskey, or vodka. The stench of alcohol stung my nose.

I brought him in and left the room to give him privacy. I anxiously waited outside the door, my foot bouncing on the wood. Bayne wasn't himself. He was terrified. Who could blame him. As if he didn't have enough trauma already.

Romulus came out to update me.

"Raven is coming over to take a look at him. There's still traces of magic here. I'll let you know when we know." Romulus said.

I watched Raven come through the front door. She gave a pleasant greeting before going right to the healing room. Nadine came down the stairs, passing Raven by. She was holding hear head. She wasn't dressed in her usual tight jeans and t-shirt, she was still in her pajamas.

"Wow. You look like you got hit by a truck." I said. She joined me on the stairs.

"Thanks, what every girl wants to hear." She said.

"How was the party last night?"

"I don't remember most of it. I think it was good."

"Where's my dad? He couldn't keep up?"

"He's still sleeping. He only threw up twice, I thought he'd be in the bathroom all night. I think most of the other guys are still knocked too." She said.

"How are you though? How's Bayne?" She asked.

"I'm fine. I'm worried about him. He says he's starting to remember. Remember what he did to Adolpha... What he was forced to do to her."

"Bayne is strong, but that's a lot of stuff he's had to go through. And now being possessed by a vampire..." She said.

"I'll be there for him. I won't leave his side."

"I'm glad to hear that, but remember, you must take care of yourself first. Bayne can't be okay unless you're okay too."

"I'm just afraid of what Bree is going to do next. She's ambitious, I'll give her that."

Romulus and Raven came out and closed the door behind us. We stood up.

"How are you feeling, Nadine? I might have something to get rid of that headache." Romulus said.

"Really? What is it? A potion?"

"No, Tylenol."

"Funny. How's Bayne?" She asked them.