Chapter 98

Romulus and Nadine were waiting for us when we got back.

"How did you get the book?" Nadine asked.

"We borrowed it." Raven said.

"Borrowed it, huh?" Romulus said with a smile.

"Yeah. We had to. We have to save him."

"What makes you so sure this book is the one?" Raven asked.

"This is the book of dark spells, made by Erin's mom's coven. There is only one copy of it. I have no idea how Bree got her hand on it."

"Maybe she just got the spell, and not the entire book." Romulus said.

"We need to get reading. The C.C.C. will come back for this." She tightened her grip on the black book.

I began to follow her upstairs.

"Stay with Bayne. I don't know how much time you'll have left with him."

"But we need to find a solution!"

"I won't be able to focus with you breathing down my neck. Be with him." She said.

I didn't argue again. He looked as if he were withering away in front of my very eyes. His stomach was extremely swollen. It was covered with dark veins. His breathing was slowed. His eyes were sunken in like sand.

He woke up and his screams began again. I stuck his wash cloth in cold water and place it on his fiery  forehead.

"Erin. Please." He said between the blood chortling cries.

"I'm not giving up on you."

"Please. I can't bare this. Please. Let me go."

His eyes were filled with water. His words were weak. He was slipping through my fingers forever.

"The pain. It's too much. I know you love me, please let me go." He said.

I wasn't ready. I didn't want it to end like that. I knew I would never be truly ready.

I held his hand and sobbed. I knew that it might have been time.

Raven bursted through the door.

"I might've figured something out. But it's insane."
Raven said, Romulus tailed her in, Nadine was at his side.

"What is it? Did you find the cure?" I said. Bayne's screams returned.

"No. Not a cure. There doesn't seem to be one in this book."

"Then it was a waste of time!" I said.

"No. Not a waste. In this book contains another spell that could help us. This book was written by the coven your mom left."

"Yeah, they seemed pretty awful to her." Nadine said.

"Yes, but one of the forbidden spells is said to allow communication... With the dead."

"What are you suggesting?" I asked her.

"I think we need to speak to your mother."

"My...mom?" I gasped.

"Yes. She might be the only person, dead or alive, who will be willing to help us. It was from her coven, she most likely knows the cure."

"This is crazy. How do you know this is going to work?" Nadine said.

"It has to. It's our best option." Raven said.

I looked at Bayne as his screams continued to echo throughout the cabin.