Chapter 81

Everyone clapped and cheered with excitement. Bayne stood in his sweaty shorts in the doorway.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" We cheered. I went up to Bayne.

"You surprised?" I smiled.

"You know, the lodge does have windows." He said, looking at the decorations and the crowd.

"Do you hate it?" I asked.

"No, I don't. I love it." He put his arms around me and we kissed. Everyone cheered, and the party began. The music was turned up, and all the alcohol was cracked into.

Bayne went up to change and shower before joining everyone else. I gave another call to Nadine, but once again she didn't answer.

Sirius began to blast the music, and the drinks started coming. Across the room multiple groups began to play drinking games such as beer pong and boom cup. My stomach turned like a twist top at the smell of all the alcohol.

When Bayne returned, Sirius bombarded him with cans of beer and a tall bottle of tequila.

My father had not joined the festivities. He retired upstairs shortly after. I imagined at times like this he missed Nadine. Parties was one of her favorite events to attend, especially ones that had shots.

After Sirius finished attacking Bayne, I pulled him to the side.

"Having fun?" I asked.

"Why? Are we about to have more fun?" He winked at me.

"Not quite yet. I think everyone would know what's up."

"I think they'd understand."

"I wanted to give you this first. Happy birthday." I pulled out a small box.

He opened the box and held the silver chain I had gifted him.

"I had no idea what to get you. I mean, you're legit building us a home. Nothing I could buy can even compare."

"It's alright, Erin. It's nice." He examined the chain and put it around his neck. He tucked it under his shirt.

"I know silver is a good luck charm for wolves. Hopefully it'll bring us luck for a change."

Bayne let out a light chuckle.

"Yeah. I hope so. Thank you."

We looked back and everyone around was fiercely playing a round of boom cup. Everyone was screaming and yelling as they tried to bounce the pong ball into cups. I never fully understood the rules.

"I think we have a few minutes." I said after the round was finished.

Bayne took my hand and pulled me away from the crowd. By the front door lived a small, walk in closet.

"A closet? Really?"

"Why not? It's more exciting."

I looked around and pulled the closet door open. Among the hangers and coats, we saw two men tangled up together aggressively making out.

It was Romulus and Jaxson.

Their mouths parted and they turned back at us. They yanked away from each other's embrace.

"Sorry, should've knocked first." I said before closing the closet door. We went and stood near the stairs.

"So much for that. Up to your bed after all." I put my arms around him, thinking our night was going to be blissful.

It felt like a the destruction of Pompeii. The music came to an aggressive stop. The front door flew open. A heard of full formed wolves came charging in like cheetahs on the savannah. Our pack screamed and ran in every direction possible. The five grown wolves cornered everyone. Bayne grabbed my arm.