Chapter 32

I asked Romulus to meet me and Bayne outside. It was a cloudy afternoon.

"My brother? You know where he is?" Said Romulus. Bayne had just told him how we found him.

"Yes. He's the one that turned Erin."

"It wasn't a different pack?" Romulus asked.

"No. That's what we originally thought. Raven performed a tracking spell to find Erin's biter. It was him."

Romulus looked terrified.

"I can't believe it. Not again. I thought he had stopped."

"So did we. That's what we all hoped." Said Bayne.

"Does Ulrich know about this?" Romulus asked.

"I don't know. But he needs to be stopped. He eats his victims, tears them to shreds. Very few get away."

"I know. I remember. He came back for me. After he turned, he found me. Tried to kill me. I don't why he didn't. We never got along. He's blood thirsty. Once you eat a human, I guess it gets the best of you. Don't know what possessed him to try to eat his only brother." Said Romulus.

I had felt bad for him. He was nothing like the flesh hungry beast they talked about. Romulus was full of kind energy. He was a healer. He had helped so many people. The same people his brother was hurting.

"We need to do whatever it takes. If he's hurting people, he needs to be stopped. I'm on board for whatever you think we need to do." He looked at Bayne for guidance.

"We need to kill him. He is the one who turned Erin. If we can get to him, and Erin can drink his blood before his birthday-."

"He'll turn human again." Romulus finished the sentence for him, piecing together his thoughts.

"Yes."

"When's your birthday?" Asked Romulus.

"January 27th." I responded.

"That should be enough time to track him and kill him." Romulus sighed.

"I hope we can do it quickly. Despite all his pain and suffering he caused, I hope his end is quick." He finished.

"This must be hard for you. I'm sorry." I spoke up.

"Don't be. If he keeps hurting people like this, attacking out of no where, he's a danger to everyone.. Do you think that maybe the C.C.C should handle this?"

"The what?" I asked.

"The Creature Council of Canada. They need to update the name, it's a bit offensive. But they foresee all the packs, covens, and herds. It's kind of like your government. How the president oversees the country, but governors watch over states. The C.C.C. is the president, and leaders like your dad would be the governor." Romulus explained to me.

I was relieved for someone to finally tell me what was going on.

"If they do, they won't let Erin use it to turn back. They think it's too dangerous. No one else can know."

Romulus nodded in final agreement. We were going to kill his only brother. I couldn't imagine how hard that would be. Still, he kept his head high. Romulus went inside. Bayne made a call to Raven. He returned by me.

"Raven says she doesn't think she's strong enough to try a tracking spell until the next full moon at the end of the month. We will have to wait until then to do anything more."

It's only November, I thought to myself. We still had a couple months before my birthday, we would have enough time. Or so I thought.

"Do we need to go herb hunting for her again?" I asked.

"I don't think so. She has everything she needs. Now we're just waiting on full moon power. We'll be at our strongest."

"Yeah, but so will Remus. Is there anyway to weaken him?"

Bayne pondered the idea for a moment.

"I could ask the witches. Maybe there's a potion we need to give him. A potion to weaken him. I've asked so much from them already, we're about to be in major debt with them."

"Romulus works with them sometimes. Maybe we can ask him to work on it."

"Do you think he would?" Said Bayne.

"Only one way do find out." Bayne turned to walk back towards the lodge.

All I could think about was the mystic kiss. I didn't know if it was real. Even if the kiss wasn't real, my feelings were.

"Bayne, wait!" I stopped him. He turned back around.

"What is it?"

"I. I need to ask you something."

"Spit it out." He sassed.

"I don't know, it might've been a dream. But it felt very real. I think we kissed." I felt a wave of embarrassment from saying out loud.

"You think we kissed?" He raised a brow.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. It must've been a dream. I don't know why I had a dream like that. I. I must've had a fever. Yeah." I rambled.

Bayne took a deep breath. I panicked that he thought I was a strange creep.

"I did kiss you." He admitted.