Chapter 100

•Erin's POV•

When Bayne was asleep, Romulus worked fast to remove the baby and properly heal him. It was covered in only a small about of blood.
Nadine took the baby and began to clean it up.

"He should be alright now." Romulus said.

"You just pulled a baby out of him."

"Yes. Magic works in mysterious ways sometimes, I guess." Romulus said.

"Is it evil?" I asked.

"I think that baby is the farthest thing from evil. Literally." Raven said.

"If you're curious, you can go see it for yourself. We will watch Bayne." Romulus said.

I wanted to see it. Nadine was washing the baby up in a bathroom downstairs. She wrapped her in a small blanket.

"I'm doing great already, don't you think?" Nadine said, hearing my foot steps upon entering.

"You are."

"Just think, our kids can play together." Nadine said.

"O-our kids?" I let out a gulp.

"Come hold her. She's nothing to be scared of."

I was reluctant at first. What if this was a trick from Bree? Was it still a demon?

Nadine set her carefully into my arms. The world changed. She had no bad intentions. I knew she would only bring good into the world just by one look at her precious face.
I returned her to Nadine when I heard Bayne was awake. I had to somehow figure out how to explain to him that a baby was removed from his body. He had the reaction I expected.

Bayne remained on bed rest for a few days after, but Romulus was a terrific healer. He was back on his feet in less than a week.

"This is the best I've felt in a long time. I can't believe Bree's magic is out of me." Bayne said.

"I hope she doesn't try to retaliate again."

"What's she going to do? Kill me? She's tried that several times, and I'm still here." He joked.

He looked incredibly healthy. His face had color again, his eyes were no longer caved in. His emerald eyes glistened.

He was back to wearing his jacket and boots, despite the spring temperatures beginning to rise.

"What's up, Bayne! Back from maternity leave!" Sirius gawked as he and his friends walked past.

"Are you gonna breast feed or formula feed?"

Bayne turned.

"Sirius, one more comment out of you and I WILL break every bone in your body. So LAY OFF."

Sirius's laughs stopped and his gang of friends continued walking.

Ulrich came down the stairs and come over to us.

"Bayne, you're looking much healthier." He said.