Special Chapter #1

Two years before he met Florence

"Mamma! Cosa ne pensi di me che apro un ristorante? (Mom! What do you think about me opening a restaurant?)", I asked over the phone as I let the noodles cook for ten minutes.

"È fantastico, figlio mio! Perché non ci hai pensato prima? (That's awesome, my son! Why haven't you thought it sooner?)" She asked and I heard a tapping on her side thinking that my mom has actually been stressing herself out of a new idea for her Spring Collection lately.

"Forse, amo solo l'oceano più che cucinare?" I chuckled and used the tongs to transfer the noodles to a strainer before I let the tap water to cool it down.

I was craving for some red sauce pasta lately so I decided to make one. I was lucky to have enough ingredients stored here in my unit here in Ponte Vecchio.

"Alright, Son. Ho ancora del lavoro da fare. Ti chiamo più tardi! Ti amo! (I still have work to do. Call you later! Love you!)" She said and hang up.

"Love you too, Mom!" I said and put a generous serving of noodles on my plate and poured spaghetti sauce on them. I sniffed on its delicious aroma before I grinned when I caught sight of a wine I have a few years back when I travelled to Greece.

The Pinot Noir goes perfectly well with my tomato sauced pasta and makes a heavenly combination. I giggled when I remembered what the chef said when he introduced us the perfect wines to go with pastas. According to him, this particular wine is sensual and is suitable for a romantic dinner.

I shook my head when I recalled how the younger men grinned in triumph as if they have been given a best tip to woe their women. Sensual, my ass!

I decided to indulge myself over the food and let the wine sank into my tastebuds. It was indeed satisfying to the senses.

After about fifteen minutes of feeding my monsters, I cleaned my dishes and faced my laptop. With my plan to open up a restaurant soon, I ought to learn everything I need to know.

Yes, we have, rather, I have, enough funds for my goal but just having it doesn't mean I am fully equipped. I only know the basics. There is still so much to know.

I had already enrolled for a crash course in business management and thankfully, I got in. My undergraduate degree was Hotel & Restaurant Management so it was easier to pass the Masters Degree.

I always believe that one should never stop learning. Yes, we all think we know everything. But, actually, we're not.

As soon as we face the real world, the real battle begins.

So for two years, I was a student while slowly starting and finishing my restaurant which is located along Tuscany. The ride may quite be long but it was worth it.

As I see everything starting to finally  become whole, I am always excited to start it officially. I had my soft opening and ribbon cutting by the end of autumn season. Mom and Dad were both present and she announced how proud she is with me and my achievements.

I couldn't have been prouder myself. Dad being dad, well, he was quiet yet happy with what I have become.
For them, I was the impulsive type. The YOLO type of dude.

I do things spontaneously. I remembered my college days when a week before our finals, I convinced  them to go and book with me to Lake Corno.

Lake Corno is four hours away from Florence via private car. Those days, the only one who knows how to drive among my friends were Lucio, but we were so unfortunate that during the trip, his gastritis went south and we have to stop by and learned how to drive ourselves.

Another incident was when me and the same squad was about to have our Graduation finally and I suddenly thought of switching the wires for the sound system and we were busted because one of our classmates told our professor. We almost didn't graduate because of that.

I shook my head as I remembered how mischievous I was. Oh well, maybe I was bound to be mature soon because I have always longed to put up my own restaurant.

Fast forward to the day they first  met up to the present time...

I was so frustrated today because I cannot seem to understand how the sales went down this month. My chefs did the best they could yet we are low on our marketing strategy.

I suddenly thought of a perfect diversion so I decided to go out for a ride and buy some pizza. Then I remembered how Valerie and I love the food.

I automatically bought two boxes and paid for it before I drove off to my best buddy's house. I was also asked to babysit her today since her father has a client to meet.

I was whistling to myself when I saw a beautiful lady practicing Italian conversational languages with Val.

"Si! Per Favore! Mi Scusi!" I heard the lady repeated with an accent and damn! Her laugh sounds like a melody to my ears. My forehead creased and I saw how cute she was as she faced Valerie. "Did I get it wrong?"

"You don't have to try so hard, Auntie! It will just come naturally to you when you get adapted with the culture. " Valerie smiled and giggled. "You're so cute, Auntie!"

Indeed, this lady is cute.

Little did I know that that encounter alone will be God's way for making me realize that I am bound not to be alone for the rest of my life as I meet her here in our hideout.

Here she is sitting beside me, her head bent to my neck as we watched the sun sets.

"I love you forever, my love." I whispered and kissed her forehead.

"I love you always, my love." And those are the best words I will never get tired of hearing from her.

" And those are the best words I will never get tired of hearing from her