Eight

"Congratulations, Florence!" I heard Aunt Riva, Ysabelle's mom, exclaimed as she approached me among the flock of people in the Philippine International Convention Center otherwise known as PICC

PICC is said to be one of the Asia's first international convention center. It has been a lost to several events inside and outside the country. And, they say, once you get there will always be one of your life's milestones.

I flashed a smile to Aunt Riva as she approached me together with her husband, Uncle Arthur. They gave me a brief hug and I thanked them after small chats.

Ysabelle was happily chatting with her circle of friends and I, as well.
After a couple more photos with classmates, friends from other departments and professors, people started going out of the center as the next program will be starting within an hour.

Finally, I, Florence Castello, had graduated from College with a degree of Fashion Design at Stradborgh University.

I have been smiling to everyone all day and I thought my face would crack. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy with it but it does make my jaw hurt from too much of it.

Once we have gotten out of the venue and were on our way to the car, someone literally bumped himself into mine making me almost topple over to the neatly tiled floor and prayed no one have seen my clumsiness.

The person who bumped into me was quick to catch me from my anticipated downfall.

I slowly opened my eyes and gasped when I saw who the person was while he smirked as he looked at my reaction.

"Did you fall for me?" Patrick's tone of mischievousness reigned and I pushed him away as I stood up and tried to regain my poise and composure.

I'm just thankful that my black dress wasn't that short for everyone to see whatever that has to be seen beneath my clothes.

"What was that, Spongebob?" I scoffed and smoothed my dress before crossing my arms over my chest and glaring at him.

I know how much Patrick hates being called Spongebob. For whatever reason that was, according to him, it just doesn't fit his 'manly' physique.

I laughed when I first teased him that almost a year ago when I found out that his mom snapped a photo of him when he was a child as he was in his Spongebob briefs and tees while sleeping on his bed.

Aunt Dina even showed me that picture and as soon as Patrick knew about it, he literally didn't talk to me for a week. He was that annoyed to talk to me.

"In case you forget, I'll be seeing you tomorrow, alright?" Patrick said before bending down to give me a feathery kiss on my cheek and making me stunned at the moment.

I was just awakened from reverie when I heard mom's voice telling me to hurry because we have our celebration dinner somewhere with our relatives.

It took us almost an hour and a half to reach the mall and another twenty minutes to arrive at the Eat-All-You-Can Buffet restaurant.

"Flo! I missed you! Congrats on your freedom! I'm so jealous!" My younger cousin, Letty, exclaimed and hugged me before I sat down.

"Thank you, cuz!" I said and I relaxed for a moment before getting up to get myself food.

"Hey, Flo. Congrats!" Our male cousin, Aaron Salvador, smiled at me and I nodded in acknowledgment. "Too tired to answer, huh?"

I smirked and yawned. This cousin of mine knows me too well.

From all my twelve younger cousins, I am closest to Aaron and Trixie (his sister) than anyone else.

"My feet are aching from all the walks since I set foot at the ceremony. I really am not used to walking on these heels." I complained and was about to bend my head on the table to rest when mom scolded me.

"You go and get your food. Have dinner. We'll be going home after an hour so you can rest properly." Mom said and widened her eyes at me.

Here goes mom's nonstop sermons again. Dad could only give me a tight smile as he dig on his food.

Luckily, there were less people in the restaurant tonight since it's the last few hours of the day.

I stood up and walked towards a glass counter where a variety of foods were displayed. I got few servings of dumplings, shanghai roll, a half cup of rice and a pasta on the side.

I returned to my seat and placed my plate full of food on top of the table. I went back to the food display and walked towards the juice dispenser. I pulled an empty glass and filled it with coke before going back to my seat.

I was greeted with warm congratulations and well wishes as soon as I sat down. I thought no one will do so since they have been absorbed with their own musings among themselves.

I politely thanked them as I continued with my food. Occasionally, one of our relatives, specifically the younger cousins, would initiate a group photo or a selfie which I gladly entertained.
I was the first to graduate among our clan. My cousins who were a year older than me and more, were due for graduation a year after.

So, literally, I am the center of everybody's attention. Apart from the fact that I will be leaving them to work in Italy where Aunt Saph is.

Yeah. Aunt Saph may be mom's sister but they have three more siblings too. All who went after them are guys, Uncle Topaz, Uncle Peri and Uncle Morgan. Yup, all their names came from gemstones.

Our grandma was so fond of it that she named them after that. She even has a collection of it from her previous travels when she was young. She was one of the elites during her younger days.

Me and my cousins often asked our parents if we were by any chance a member of the VVIP or we have an existing empire where we will become heirs and heiresses but they only laughed at us.

Soon, we ended the night and called it a day. We all separated ways as we reached the parking lot.

When we got home, was too beat to move a muscle. Even if I was that tired, I showered quickly after fifteen minutes rest, brushed my teeth and flopped on to my bed.

Goodbye to early morning alarms! I am off to dreamland!