Thirty Seven

It was approximately three weeks more before autumn begins and we are still on the process of gradually shifting from warm to cold weather

It was approximately three weeks more before autumn begins and we are still on the process of gradually shifting from warm to cold weather. At least, for me. I was the one who was born and bred in a tropical climate where only the wet and dry season exists. So basically, I am still adjusting with the weather changes.

Here I am now at the shop, thinking of the best way to incorporate the subtle warm yet cool accents into the Fall Collection. And we had another meeting about it two weeks ago.

Yup. Even if we just started the Summer Trend and halfway to the season, we have to begin yet another set as the autumn season was also fast approaching.

And, yup. Your very own Florence, also known as yours truly, had yet again thought of a way of not to pressure ourselves with work and again, Madame Zenith complimented my wonderful idea during the meeting.

Instead of their usual annual fashion show for every season, I suggested having alternate ones both for the benefit of the employees and the clients. How?

For one, launching a fashion show four times a year with a country that has four seasons is already exhausting and draining as it really is. Both for the employees and the consumers.

Why? Employees have to always double check everything and it is hard to meet deadlines with a lot of pressure placed on everybody's shoulders. At the same time, consumers, otherwise known as clienteles, tend to have difficulties arranging their customized demands for their own satisfaction because of the fear of getting their orders mixed up.

Second, there is always the internet counterpart for showcasing the new trends in the fashion industry. We also have to consider the millenials of this generation. Youth these days are tech-savvy and most preferred online shopping as their choices were sent and delivered in the comforts of their own homes. You just have to indicate the details of the particular outfit you are selling.

Yeah. It was almost online shopping. But, why not step into the trend, right?

So, yeah, here I am. Perfectly glued to my seat here in the office. Everybody is busy as well. Most were either yawning because their proposals are pending approval or waiting for confirmations from our other clients.

I closed my eyes expecting for my headache to go away. I have been feeling so out of it since I wake up earlier. I feel so exhausted yet I have been eating my meals on time and was sleeping early. To top it all, my cramps are acting up again.

"Are you alright, Flor?" Nappy asked as he tapped my shoulder. I opened my eyes and met his.

This is ridiculous! My head is spinning!

I tried to nod hoping this will aid in going away but it made things much worse. I had to hold my head to keep things from worsening.

"You look pale, Sis." That was Miyuki's voice.

I didn't bother to answer and just tried to silence my environment by wincing in pain.

"Quick. Help me lift her up." I heard Alfredo's concern voice as I felt being assisted to somewhere.

"G-guys, I'm fine." I grunted as I still held my head when they escorted me to the couch not too far from our office.

We have a comfy couch set inside the pantry. It's intended for someone who wants to take a rest for a while if they feel suffocated from work or just want to simply doze off for a moment.

"Take a rest or nap for a while. You are not okay." Alfredo scolded and I tried to smile sheepishly.

I struggled to open my eyes and met his and smiled, "Thanks, Alf. Can you please turn off the lights on your way out?"

"Very well. Don't feel pressured, alright? We can do the job here. Just get well soon." He said before turning off the lights and closing the door behind him.

I sighed and laid down. I really am blessed to have such thoughtful and caring friends here at work.

I smiled and literally dozed off to sleep. I didn't know what time it was but I could hear hushed voices in the dark when I shifted my position on the couch.

"What a bitch. She really flirted her way to kiss up to Madame's son?" The muffled voice asked in disbelief. I realized that it was Charley's.

"What do you think? All her proposals are automatically approved without any questions asked! What a suck up, right!" Came the response of an even familiar voice.

"What the hell are you guys doing here! She's sleeping! You might wake her up with your voices!" Came Trixie's voice and turned on the lights.

I pretended to be asleep but my heart was beating so fast that I was so scared it will burst. I was holding up not to cry in disappointment and frustration.

"See? She was so comfortable sleeping while all of us are working our asses out! This is just so unfair!" The familiar voice once again complained and stomped out of the room with Charley and Trixie trailing behind her.

I was thankful that Trixie turned off the light again and my eyes immediately flew open. And just like that, hot fresh tears slid down my cheeks.

Betrayal and pain were the two things I never expected to feel when I stepped into this awful reality.

What people say about entering the real life was indeed true. That every where you go, people will have something to say to you or about you.

It's up to you if you will get affected with it or not. It's up to you if you will take that as a lesson or as a challenge.

But what made me feel even worse was when I realized who the person both Trixie and Charley were talking to.

It was Miyuki's.