Twenty Five

I was smiling as I started my work the next day

I was smiling as I started my work the next day. It was really nice to catch up with Ysabelle and Patrick.

My originally planned one hour of talk became two hours because of Ysa's constant whining about me not being able to get back at them after I moved here in Italy.

"Has it even occurred to you that you completely forgotten about us, your friends? Especially, me?" Ysabelle asked in her signature, dramatic voice that both Patrick and I have to roll our eyes at her reaction.

"You're so melodramatic, Ysabelle!" Patrick groaned and shifted his seat on his bed.

I have to giggle at their responses. It was only then that I realized that I really missed having them around.

"So, what is up with the two of you?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Patrick Star started his modeling stunt! While I my work at the Ynarez Holdings!" Ysabelle squealed and my eyes widened.

"Whatever happened to basketball, Patrick?" I asked in surprise.

"Not my thing. It was just for fun." He shrugged and picked on a chip to munch on.

"Yeah, right. Like, I don't get to hear you sigh every time you saw your varsity jacket." I heard Ysabelle mumbled on the other line.

"What?" I asked again in disbelief. "You guys are actually hanging out together? You, guys, in one sentence?" I clarified and stared at them in utter astonishment.

"It's your bestie who was so demanding and actually dragged me to the mall. Not, the other way around!" It was Patrick's turn to exclaim and defend himself.

My eyebrows raised intriguingly as I watched them argue with one another over our video call last night.

I have to beg to schedule another session with them after our event because I needed to catch up on sleep.

Thankfully, both agreed and I was able to hung up without having to feel guilty.

I was snapped out of my reverie when Miyuki tapped my shoulder.

"You alright?" She asked her brows knitted in concern.

I nodded and smiled at her. "Yes. Sorry, what is it that you're saying?"

Miyuki sighed and blurt out the news which made me froze in my seat.

"We have a problem. One of the models backed out. She had an emergency and our previous models have prior engagement so we ran out of them. I was suggesting Madame and Alfredo if maybe, you can model for the collection next week." Miyuki said as if it's the most normal thing she could think of.
She looked at me with hopeful eyes. "Can you? Will you, por favor?
Kanari onegaishimasu, watashinotomodachi? (Please? Pretty please, my friend?)"

"What are you saying?" I asked again to clarify. I pointed to myself as I talked to her. "Me? Model? For a swimsuit? For a summer collection?"

Miyuki nodded with her hopeful and puppy eyes. Her already small eyes were made smaller because of her desire to convince me and ask for my help.

"I- I don't know. I- I'm not sure I can do it. I'm not used to flaunting my body in public." I said in all honesty. "Why don't you do it, instead? You have a great body!" My eyes brightened at the thought of not doing it and her instead.

"I cannot do that. I am in-charge of the behind-the-scenes preps. So, please?" Miyuki shook her head and put her hands in a prayer position to convince me more.

It was even made awkward when Napoleon approached our table and joined in Miyuki's cute pleading look.

The two were hilarious just by looking at them that I couldn't help not to laugh.

Seeing how crazy my colleagues can be, Renatta, joined in too. Now, there are three stooges pleading for my help. This time, they knelt in front of me as if I am some goddess.

"Alright, alright!" I laughed again and pulled them up from the floor.
"Quit doing that, guys! You don't have to kneel down just to convince me. I'll help you. But, how am I gonna do that? Won't you be needing more help backstage?" I asked in curiosity.

"We can manage, Flo!" Nappy exclaimed and shook his head. "Leave it to us. All you have to do is wear that sexy bikini and strut your beautiful ass on the runway!"

Nappy admitted that he's gay and that I shouldn't worry about being close to him because we have the same taste in men.

Wanna know how I know? He happened to be noticing me when I raised an eyebrow during Carlos' visit here last time.

I sighed remembering that incident.

Right. The guy.

Our thoughts were interrupted when Madame Zenith announced from the intercom our meeting this afternoon about the last minute preparations and we all agreed and arranged the things we need to present later about the progress for the event.

"So, we have a new model, right?" That was Madame Zenith clarifying the remedy to the problem we have at hand.

"Yes, madame!" Nappy exclaimed and shot me and Miyuki an excited glance.

"I'm glad you're able to convince the girl. So, when am I gonna meet her and brief about the event?" She asked.

"She already knew about it, Madame! No need to worry." Miyuki added and gave her a thumbs up.

"Huh? How? Who was it?" Madame Zenith raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"None other than our very own junior designer! Florence Castelo!" Nappy exclaimed and clapped his hands. Miyuki actually joined in.

I groaned inwardly because of their enthusiasm.

Why do I have a feeling that I'm gonna regret this?