Fourteen

I was feeling all cozy today as I just wore my typical indoor clothes such as my dolphin shorts and a spaghetti strapped blouse

Even my long, copper brown hair was tied in a bun.

It really is burning hot here because summer just started.

Today is Monday so Aunt Saph was in her clinic. Oh, I never get to tell you that Auntie is a dentist.

Her clinic was set a couple of houses away in an ideal spot for clients to come in and have their teeth checked and be taken cared of.

Alonzo, who was supposed to be here since according to him is his day off from work, was nowhere to be found.

All I saw in the living room was Valerie who was busy drawing on her sketchpad.

"Hello, Aunt Flo!" Valerie greeted me without looking up from her sketchpad. "Dad prepared Prima Colazione for you. I already ate earlier."

My eyes jerked up in curiosity with her Italian language.

"What's Prima Colazione, Val?" I asked as I approached her.

"Oh, sorry! It's breakfast in Italian!" Valerie raised her eyes and widened when she realized she has spoken something weird.

I had to giggle at her cuteness.
"I see! Look, I'm interested to learn a few Italian conversational terms. Can you teach me later after I had my Preema Colazion?" I asked again and she eagerly nodded. "Great! I'll just eat and let's have Italian 101 later!"

With that said, I went towards the dining table and saw bread filled with butter and a cafe latte.

It was a hearty meal and I just knew right then and there, this is the start of me living life the Italian way.

"Alright, Aunt Flo! Let's start learning basic Italian conversational language today!" Valerie exclaimed while clapping her hands.
She stopped drawing for a moment and put them on the side to face me.

Since we have the house all to ourselves, because Alonzo has to attend something important today, we got ourselves comfortable in the living area.

"Sure! Let's begin!" I said and matched her enthusiasm.

"Si means Yes and No is No. Per favore is Please and Mi scusi means Excuse Me." Valerie explained while she thinks of other useful phrases.

"Si! Per Favore! Mi Scusi!" I repeated with an accent and I heard her laugh. My forehead creased and I faced her. "Did I get it wrong?"

"You don't have to try so hard, Auntie! It will just come naturally to you when you get adapted with the culture. " Valerie smiled and giggled. "You're so cute, Auntie!"

I laughed eventually and I cleared my throat after a moment to continue our agenda for today.

"Come on! You can teach me more --", I said but was cut off when some guy who appears to be my age wearing a pair of ripped jeans and a loose pink tee came into the house with a tray of freshly baked breads and treats on his hands.

"Buon Giorno, Valerie! Come stai, piccola signora? (Good day, Valerie! How are you, little lady?)" The guy greeted in their Italian language.

Valerie jumped from her seat and ran to hug him.

"Whoops! Wait, 'lemme place these there. " The guy grinned and went straight to the dining table to place the food tray.

Valerie immediately clung to him and grabbed his hand to the living area.

"Chi è questa bella signora, Valerie? (Who is this beautiful lady, Valerie?)" The guy flashed me a sideways glance which I cannot help but to raise an eyebrow in response.

"La bella signora di cui parli è mia zia Florence. (The beautiful lady you speak of is my Aunt Florence.) " Valerie replied and once they were in front of me, she grinned and said, "Aunt Florence, I want you to meet Carlos Salvacion, my boyfriend."

My eyes widened at what she said then I heard chuckles from Carlos.

"In as much as I want to take you home because you are such an adorable little fella, I cannot. Your dad will beat me to death. " Carlos laughed and I have to say, his laughter sounded so sexy that I have to clear my throat to get his attention. "Oh, sorry. I forgot my manners. Hola, Signora Florence! I'm Carlos. Alonzo's best dude and an honorary member of their family whenever Aunt Saph isn't around. You can also consider me as Valerie's guardian."

Carlos extended his hand probably for a handshake so I did the same but was surprised when he brought it to his lips and bent down for a feathery kiss on my hands.

I was surprised by what he did but I didn't show it.

When he let my hand go, I managed a smile and said, "Nice meeting you, Carlos. I'm Florence. So, what brings you here?"

"Well, it has become my routine every summer to either let Valerie stay in my studio or we drive around town or just stay here during summer since Alonzo's mostly in his office. Do you want to tag along with us?" Carlos asked and raised an eyebrow at me.

I paused for a moment and thought for a while if I have any agenda for the day and found out my day is free so I nodded.

"Well, may I?" I asked, feeling hopeful.

"Why not?" Carlos grinned and I began to smile.

"Alright, me and Val will just change. We'll be quick! Come on, Val!" I said and Val clapped in delight and we went to our rooms to change our clothes.

Looks like I will be in for week filled with travel before I started working.

And, our stop for today is in Monaco.

Suddenly, things are getting exciting!