Forty One

Second day of the convention came and this time, we have workshops to further enhance our skills

Second day of the convention came and this time, we have workshops to further enhance our skills. It was an interesting one and it helped us in brainstorming for new ideas and making new friends.

Both Sharon and I met another fashion designer who was born and bred in Greece. And, her name is Anastasia Adamos.

This lady speaks class in whole different levels! Anyone can mistake her as a model than a designer with her tiny waist and a face of an angel.

We suddenly became inseparable and soon added each other both on Facebook and Instagram. They are so much fun to talk too!

I didn't know what came over me during our lunch break at the convention but I suddenly found myself in the balcony of the function room. Only two or three persons where there so I decided to have a breath of fresh air.

Suddenly, amidst all the success I am slowly gaining and the business at work together with meeting amazing persons like Madame Zenith and Carlos, I felt a wave of hot tears sliding down my cheeks.

Was I too overwhelmed? Was everything getting into my head that I cannot keep my feet on the ground? Why am I, out-of-the-blue, feeling all these things?

I sighed and immediately wiped my tears away when I felt somebody suddenly entering the balcony where I am at. I pasted on my fake smile and saw Anastasia with a wine in her hand. She went towards the balcony railings and spoke, "you must be feeling so terrible that you have to smile all the tears away."

My jaw dropped by her words. Was I that obvious?

"And no, I don't read people's minds. It just shows in your face." Anastasia gave me an empathetic smile when she turned to face me. "Among all the people I have met, yours are so transparent. I know you still have your inhibitions. But do remember that you cannot please everybody. So, hear me out and do what I tell you if you feel like it... As long as you are not hurting anyone, just do what you think is right. And don't ever forget to love yourself first. After all, we cannot love anyone if we don't love ourselves first, right?"

With that said, I was about to answer and air out my concerns when Sharon came in to join us with a grin on her face.

"What were you guys doing here? You didn't even called me to join you guys here!" She complained and pouted which earned a chuckle from Anastasia and a tight smile from me.

"Éna tóso zilótypo korítsi! (Such a jealous girl!)" Anastasia exclaimed and drank her wine before turning to face her. "Why are you such a cutie?"

"We were just talking." I said in an effort to divert the topic.

"Naí! (Yes!)" Anastasia said nodding her head. She placed her empty wine glass on the table at the corner and draped an arm casually over Sharon's shoulders. "Our girl friend here wants to have a picture with us. Aren't we too beautiful to envious about?" She grinned and winked at me.

"Sì! Facciamo una foto come ricordo! (Yes! Let's take a picture as a remembrance!)" I answered in Italian and both girls giggled and I took out my cellphone to snap our group selfie which the two girls happily obliged.

Our forty-minute lunchbreak turned into a photoshoot as we strolled around the convention lobby and even on their posh staircase. After about a dozen solo and group photos, we returned back to the workshop and paid attention to the speaker for the day.

After three hours of group discussions and exchange of ideas for a presentation, we voted for Sharon to be our speaker. At first, they were urging me to be the speaker but I hesitated and diverted the topic to something else and in the end, I won against them with a sly grin at her.

Sharon and Anastasia both displayed their intelligence and artistic skills as we made our design for the theme assigned to us. Our theme was neutral stripes and I must say, they did so well with it!

Our day came to an end and we are all beat. Or should I say, our brains were.

We decided to call it a day and promised to sit beside each other tomorrow for the last day of the convention.

I was yawning when I arrived in my spacious room but at that moment, I wanted to take a shower first. So, I did.

Afterwards, I noticed a single-stemmed rose lying beautifully on my bed and a note coming from a man who makes my heart glow.

💟💟💟

Credits to senyora_athena for letting her character, Sharon Alvarez, have a cameo role in my story. 😊

Know more about Sharon Alvarez of the Alvarez Empire Series by following her account!